1001 Miglia Italia on a Cruzbike Vendetta

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Great report, Tor. Congratulations on a job well done. I loved the details in the report... sent me down a rabbit hole learning about Ayrton Senna.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Excellent ride and report Tor. I showed the fun parts and pics to the wife, and let me just say I owe you 2 beers. You deserve 1 for the ride of course, but the wife is starting to think these kinds of tours are splendid :D

Amazing stuff Tor!

I have spent several holidays in the areas you rode through and love those areas. Brought back some memories. Not sure when I will get back given the current situation as I am not allowed to leave Australia! Would love to do it on a CB like you did!

I once rode up Passo dello Stelvio on a DF road bike. Not sure if I could make it up on my V20 though!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Kudos

You must have taken the family right?

You must have had pizza, LOL
If I had been riding, it would be slice doubled up down my shirt and have it for breakfast.

Magnificent ride @Tor Hovland , I watched the video twice. You have splendid lights on your bike. Your front light is perfect. What is it?

After a ride like that , I wouldn't want to get back on the bike. For you; it is your life and joy. Thank you for sharing

3bs

whereabouts unknown
okay i will admit it. without the music, i would have not been able to watch it all. but Tor always has great music and high production value.
every time i want to do a big multiday rando, i watch Tor's videos and i am cured.
multiday rides of big mileage where i get to eat and sleep normally? check
one day rides of big mileage? check
multiday rides of big mileage where i don't get to eat and sleep normally? GONG

Tor Hovland

Thanks, everybody!

@DavidCH, no restaurant food during the ride, just the pasta served at the controls, and various cafes throughout the ride. But the Argentinian restaurant after finishing was amazing! Unfortunately this was late in the summer, and my family was back at work/school at this time, and couldn't join. If I get a spot for London-Edinburgh-London next year, it will be different. The front light is a Busch + Müller IQ-X. It gives plenty of light even when I have it turned down to about half of maximum power.

@3bs, thanks for the kind words! Sorry for putting you off the long randos :) I can certainly appreciate bikepacking and taking the time to be comfortable along the way. In fact, I wish I did more of that myself. But there's just something about these long randos that appeal to me, and the escape from reality is actually quite addictive.