2020 Skyline Drive - Blue Ridge Parkway (N-S) tour

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
From Oct 1 - thru Oct 7, I had the honor of riding this route with Jim & Maria Parker, Alvin Maxwell, and Jill Paxson. Jimmy Clark (Drove our SAG and also rode when he wanted to).

It was a great time of riding, fellowship, and .. well.. eating!! Weather was a little chilly ( 40 degrees F in the morning), but warmed up nicely with mostly sunny skies most days. Just a hint of rain on the 1st day I think, but other than that we were blessed with a rain free adventure.

We stayed at local hotels along the way (and of course we wore our masks!) - but not riding - still needed to breath!

Here is a condensed video of our first day - 105 miles on the Skyline Drive N-S route. It was the longest day we had and the most climbing (close to 11,ooo feet), but the road was so smooth compared to the Blue Ridge Parkway chip-seal that it did not feel like the longest or the hardest!

I have video of each day I am processing and will try and add at least one each day.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@LarryOz Your heart rate say 132 when the camera switches to your ride video. What’s your resting rate? or does your heart ramp up when it sees the bike!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
@LarryOz Your heart rate say 132 when the camera switches to your ride video. What’s your resting rate? or does your heart ramp up when it sees the bike!
I might have been riding already when I switched the camera on, or the data might not be quite sync'd up. Not sure what my resting is these days, maybe 50'sh. But we are also busy hauling stuff, loading stuff, etc for a good 30 minutes before we even ride - so HR always up some before riding anyway

Bill Wightman

Congratulations on safely riding such a mountainous adventure and three cheers for the lunch/SAG crew. ~80 miles per day for seven days. Dang. I'll bet you got a red flag mileage marker on your maps for that bridge hazard next trip. What a nightmare. The new paint scheme looks great.