2021 S40 For Sale (Boston area)

scoutie22

This fall I moved up to the V20c and reluctantly am parting with my S40, purchased in 2021. In addition to the stock setup, I added the rear rack, a Topeak rack adapter, a sling pack and an unused Ventisit. It also comes with the original foam seat and Shimano pedals. New, this bike plus add ons was ~$5000.00 USD including taxes. It was built by Cyclepath in Burlington MA.

It's in near perfect shape, save some sagging of the handlebar tape which can be easily replaced....it never bothered me.

I am asking $2500.00 for the package. Happy to ship it if someone will cover the cost, otherwise it's here in Needham MA for any interested parties.

Love these machines. I have worked my way up from the Sofrider and never looked back....accept when passing diamond frame riders.

Attachments

• IMG_5066.jpeg
    IMG_5066.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5065.jpeg
    IMG_5065.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5064.jpeg
    IMG_5064.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5063.jpeg
    IMG_5063.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5062.jpeg
    IMG_5062.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 195

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This fall I moved up to the V20c and reluctantly am parting with my S40, purchased in 2021. In addition to the stock setup, I added the rear rack, a Topeak rack adapter, a sling pack and an unused Ventisit. It also comes with the original foam seat and Shimano pedals. New, this bike plus add ons was ~$5000.00 USD including taxes. It was built by Cyclepath in Burlington MA.

It's in near perfect shape, save some sagging of the handlebar tape which can be easily replaced....it never bothered me.

I am asking $2500.00 for the package. Happy to ship it if someone will cover the cost, otherwise it's here in Needham MA for any interested parties.

Love these machines. I have worked my way up from the Sofrider and never looked back....accept when passing diamond frame riders.
Great looking bike - love the neon frame.
Please list your components

Beautiful bike, I just have a question on your set up, it looks like its a 1x set up. Did you ever find it lacking? How many miles did you put on it while it was a 1x?

scoutie22

Apologies for the delayed response.

Components:

ShifterSRAM Apex 1 DoubleTap Right 11-Speed Lever for Cable Actuated Brakes
CranksetSRAM Apex 1 GXP Crankset 165mm with 42T 110mm Asymmetric BCD X-Sync Chainring
Bottom BracketTruvativ/SRAM Team GXP English
CassetteSRAM PowerGlide 11-42T 11-Speed Cassette
ChainKMC X11-1 EPT Anti-Rust 1/2"x11/128" EPT
Brakes160mm TRP Spyre Mechanical Disc Brakes
Wheels and Tires32 spoke 3 cross black aluminum rims, aero profile, tubeless compatible, 25 mm wide rim, approx 28 mm depth non-machined sidewalls, Kenda Kriterium Endurance 700x30c tires
ExtrasVentisit (unused), Shimano pedals, Rear rack, Topeak Rack adapter, Sling bag

I love the 1x. Had my new V20c built the same way, but with eTap shifters. It‘s just much easier and more fluid to ride in my opinion and the gearing was perfectly fine.

Mileage. I’ve never counted mileage nor steps….sort of an anti quantified self thing I guess. I would characterize myself as mostly a weekend rider and topped out at roughly 15 mile rides. If I were to guess, or in this case, ask ChatGPT to do so, I’d land somewhere in the area of 1200-1500miles perhaps. The tires are in great shape, brake pads as well and I have taken good care of the bike.

Last edited: