8-day tour of the Klamath Range, Northern California

egervaswatson

In August of 2019, my brother and I took an 8-day tour of Northern California, Me on my S-40, him on his road bike. Due to some technical difficulties in the interim, I just finished editing the video.

I hitched a Topeak Journey trailer to my bike using my trailer hitch mod, and made a carbon fiber flagpole that held my 360° camera for a lot of the shots.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Huh......so people actually spread these trips out over multiple days and don't try to just do it in one?o_O

Nice trip, cool setup, glad you guys had some fun. As for the whipped cream on the side of the road, you forgot option 3. that stretch of road is home to a grand tour racing team.

Bentas

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it, kudos for pulling a trailer all that distance, I tried pulling a bob yak behind my homebuilt, it was loaded for an upcoming two day tour of hilly Tasmania , I lasted four hrs , had a dismal time of it on the climbs,lots of walking.
I quickly decided to aquire a bike packing approach, have since managed a couple of multi day tours with this set up at best covering around 100 Klms a day, that's about the limit for this 63 yr old.
I found the climbing way more manageable with this set up , as apposed to trailer, same gearing, no having to walk.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master

In August of 2019, my brother and I took an 8-day tour of Northern California, Me on my S-40, him on his road bike. Due to some technical difficulties in the interim, I just finished editing the video.

I hitched a Topeak Journey trailer to my bike using my trailer hitch mod, and made a carbon fiber flagpole that held my 360° camera for a lot of the shots.
Very nice video! I love your story! Great drone shots , great camera angles!

egervaswatson

That’s one of the best bike tour videos I’ve seen. Thanks for sharing.

Yes thanks for sharing, very well done video.
Really enjoyed watching.

Very nice video! I love your story! Great drone shots , great camera angles!

Thanks, all, for your kind words!

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it, kudos for pulling a trailer all that distance

While not light, the Topeak Journey is a bit lighter than the Bob Yak. Its main purpose was supporting the solar panel, really--I could've gotten all the gear onto the bike without too much trouble, but a spot that would let the panel charge while rolling would've been quite difficult.

dule0911

Great experience, thanks for sharing. If I ever go to that part of the world, seems like a nice place to pedal.

Last edited: