A Dream Bike

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity

Fantastic job satisfaction. Why wait all that time when there was so much fun to be had!!!!

So the finished product... well minus the mirror... but that got put on tonight...

ElBici.jpg height:295px; width:367px

Nothing quite like an early morning ride at sunrise before the heat kicks in. I can be very active for 90 minutes and feel great and can easily get back on it and do another 90 minutes.

I found tie-ing the brake and gear leads together in front of the steering extension tube helps as its irritating to have your legs brushing them when your knees come up to the handlebars.

A word of caution: Make sure you have a guard on your main ChainWheel and make sure your laces arent long as they can get caught up in the chainwheel. Oddly enough that happened to me, and if you dont back pedal you get caught up really proper. I now make sure i tuck my left shoe's lace in so the loop isn't flapping around.

The roads where I cycle are crap and there are a number of potholes. I dodge most of them but there was one i hit. I am very pleased I have front suspension. The other thing is... I hit it so hard the gears and brakes stopped working properly. The force was so hard it put the front wheel out of alignment and made the front wheel lose.

So as in the owner's book, check the bike before you ride it.

I love the steel y frame; its heavy but i dont notice it that much as the roads here are so flat.

I would love to go mountain climbing. There are some mountains quite close to where i am and its spectacular up there. I notice that the front wheel is very heavy compared to the back but i love where the seat is at the moment. Braking would be an issue so I guess i need to put a bit of weight on the back to add some traction for the rear brakes.

Its so easy to burn calories on this bike. I play tennis every other day and its so nice to go out on the bike and not feel sore afterwards.

So thank you Cruzbike for giving me a dream bike.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Glad you are riding and

Glad you are riding and having fun.

Try a washer on the front axle, may allow the front QR to tighten further.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Nicely done...

There's been a nice crop of conversions lately, and this is one of them.

I learned the hard way about shoelaces, too. Now I double tie them and tuck them to the side.

These are pretty rugged bikes when all is said and done, and steel frames aren't so heavy as to bother the performance as much as people think. Remember, the bike is only part of the system weight - it includes the rider as well. So that 5 extra pounds on the frame makes less of a difference overall than you might think. My first conversion weighed 47 lbs and ran rings around my 33 lb Vision R40 on hills.

That's when I decided there was something to this FWD/MBB stuff.

Good onya. Well-built.

Cheers,

Doug