a true test of interest

3bs

whereabouts unknown
this morning i met up with @Rsnoeyink so he could have a serious test ride of a CB, particularly a v20.
he drove over an hour to meet me in a parking lot a few miles from my house. the winds were 21 mph and temp was 23 degrees, making the wind chill 10 degrees (for you c people that's -12)

this was not his first actual ride, as he has tried an s40 on a short try in a parking lot before.
after a miserable lecture on the subject in a steady wind, just before he froze in place, he jumped onto the t 50/406, without any clipping in and within 5 minutes was tooling around the lot whipping turns figure 8s, and all around competent riding. after 15 or so minutes he moved to the sofrider and within two minutes had graduated to its big wheels, rear suspension and different seating. 15 or so minutes later he took to the v20. that took a little longer to get competent on, but by the end of the hour he was riding around on the v20 in what appeared to be a state of comfort, confidence and happiness.

i think he was a natural. he never really had any pedal swim, and his biggest challenge seemed to be taking off from a stop. okay his biggest challenge was being polite while standing the freezing cold listening to me talk way to long.

i am hopeful this exercise has spawned another CB rider. no animals were hurt during the training of this rider.

i have included pictures for those who subscribe to the "if there no pictures and its not on strava it didn't happen."

IMG_20210122_100715565_HDR.jpg IMG_20210122_101946299.jpg IMG_20210122_104428958.jpg IMG_20210122_110653853_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I'm impressed- what coldness! haha
Way to go for both of you. They best way to learn to ride: progression on seat angles down to the Vendetta.

Rsnoeyink

Phil @3bs , you were amazing - patient, reassuring, and very knowledgeable about the ways of Cruzbikes. Thank you so much for taking the time and giving this newbie an opportunity to try 3, yes 3 different Cruzbikes! I am definitely a convert. I'm pretty sure Phil couldn't see my grin since my mouth was covered by a balaclava, but I was smiling. Now I just have to find the right V20 at the right price. I look forward to being a regular here.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Phil @3bs , you were amazing - patient, reassuring, and very knowledgeable about the ways of Cruzbikes. Thank you so much for taking the time and giving this newbie an opportunity to try 3, yes 3 different Cruzbikes! I am definitely a convert. I'm pretty sure Phil couldn't see my grin since my mouth was covered by a balaclava, but I was smiling. Now I just have to find the right V20 at the right price. I look forward to being a regular here.
Was the T50 with the 406 wheels, easier to ride with its lower wheel momentum than the Softrider with its 26" wheels, OR was it the lower seat height??????

Did 3BS stand outside the whole time at -12C ??? If so did he have wires from the car battery to heaters in his clothing/gloves/beeny???

3BS you did a good job of training, AND showing the differences of the Cruzbike models!!!

Reactions: 3bs

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Thanks very much. It is our responsibility to give people chances to ride. Not everyone will choose a cb but it’s up to use to give people the chance. @LarryOz @Jim Parker @Maria Parker and @Robert Holler have all helped me a lot. For me to give an hour here and there is really nothing.

thankfully @Rsnoeyink has very low standards that I was able to meet.

@super slim i did not stay out the entire time. Maybe 75%, but I did keep the truck off and I did stand in the lee. I actually was hoping to go for a ride but rick’s wife was present and did not appear to be interested in our adventure being extended. Props to her for lasting as long as she did.

the t50 with 406 is super easy to ride and toss around. You can put your feet down, it turns really quickly, and is very stable. I think it is the best to learn on and gain confidence. Perfect for beginners and kids, but I find it to be a perfect bike to goof off with. I sometimes want to soup it up with the emiljay mod and better drive line and weight loss, but I have fast bikes. So I think My next experimental with it will be putting the fattest tire I can get on those rims.

the sofrider is set up for distance and camping and gravel. It has a super wide range with the triple, and when it is empty i keep the shock pretty soft. But that gear range also makes it easy to ride

let’s hope we can get the Michigan ride in this year and you all can ride these. After a few beverages, we should have a cb rodeo...

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Thanks very much. It is our responsibility to give people chances to ride. Not everyone will choose a cb but it’s up to use to give people the chance. @LarryOz @Jim Parker @Maria Parker and @Robert Holler have all helped me a lot. For me to give an hour here and there is really nothing.

thankfully @Rsnoeyink has very low standards that I was able to meet.

@super slim i did not stay out the entire time. Maybe 75%, but I did keep the truck off and I did stand in the lee. I actually was hoping to go for a ride but rick’s wife was present and did not appear to be interested in our adventure being extended. Props to her for lasting as long as she did.

the t50 with 406 is super easy to ride and toss around. You can put your feet down, it turns really quickly, and is very stable. I think it is the best to learn on and gain confidence. Perfect for beginners and kids, but I find it to be a perfect bike to goof off with. I sometimes want to soup it up with the emiljay mod and better drive line and weight loss, but I have fast bikes. So I think My next experimental with it will be putting the fattest tire I can get on those rims.

the sofrider is set up for distance and camping and gravel. It has a super wide range with the triple, and when it is empty i keep the shock pretty soft. But that gear range also makes it easy to ride

let’s hope we can get the Michigan ride in this year and you all can ride these. After a few beverages, we should have a cb rodeo...
How about CB soccer (the one with a round ball!!!)

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@super slim, once again an ugly viral moment that would be.
i think CB polo would be amusing, as would CB ultimate frisbee.
the ideal bike for those would definitely be the 406 t50

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@super slim remember being publicly in agreement with me on too many things can get you cancelled off of social media.

are you going to come to the Michigan event this year?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
@super slim remember being publicly in agreement with me on too many things can get you cancelled off of social media.

are you going to come to the Michigan event this year?
I would love to, but being a young 49 yr old, the EARLIST I will get a vaccine for that virus of no name, is October 2021!!!

AND they still have armed guards, with BIG Alsatian dogs at all International airports!!!!
A NORMAL Aussy can not leave, UNLESS he is a member of an International Cricket team, Great Tennis player, Film Actor and crew, OR a Federal Parliament Member!!!!!

Happy Riding!!!
"I ride a Cruzbike to add life to my days"

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
super slim said:
A NORMAL Aussy can not leave, UNLESS he is a member of an International Cricket team, Great Tennis player, Film Actor and crew, OR a Federal Parliament Member!!!!!
Or a poisonous spider in a box of fruit.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
You guys have some nasty ones down there Super Slim. 1 of my friends in Texas was bitten by a Brown Recluse on his big toe. He eventually had to have the toe amputated. I knew they were bad before the bite, but watching his toe go from swollen to red to black to zombie skin to gone shed some light on just how much I don't want to be bitten by one. For those of you who don't know what a Brown Recluse looks like here it is. The violin on its back is playing a song for you and when it is done life is gonna suck.

AR-302189965.jpg

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Probably poisonous as well. I am not going to eat one.

The person from whom that recluse stole that money is not going to try to get it back.
It happened about 20 years ago, and I bet to this day he still checks his shoes for spiders before putting them on, and I doubt he has ever put on another shoe without wearing a sock.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Poison=ingested as in eaten or drank to get into you via your digestive system.

Venom=injected as in bitten or stung.

I’m not smarter than a five year old - I learned this from my kids.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
excuses excuses. next thing you know you will be telling us that there are new strains or something like that....

we have brown recluse here but they are not native. we do have northern black widows, wolf and fishing spiders as well.
only been bitten by wolf. it hurts.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
excuses excuses. next thing you know you will be telling us that there are new strains or something like that....

we have brown recluse here but they are not native. we do have northern black widows, wolf and fishing spiders as well.
only been bitten by wolf. it hurts.
Now that explains a LOT!!!