Adjustable Stem for the Quest?

thebean

Sounds like for some that a longer stem is needed to avoid knee bump. What are folks installing for an adjustable stem?

thanks!

Oh wow, Vovolc, how do you

Oh wow, Vovolc, how do you like that handlebar? I have long wished that my handles were angled more toward the ground for a stronger pulling position. Do the grips interfere with your knees while turning?

chrisblessing

Not a Quest but...

I'm riding a 20" convert with pretty straight bars. I use a Control Tech adjustable stem to keep the handlebar out of my knees' way, and have climbing bar ends installed pointing down, for climbing. Works great, and the shifter/brake like the straight bar.

Chris

dave.g

Dear Bean
Those with shorter

Dear Bean

Those with shorter legs may get knee bump on the Cruzebike as the bottom bracket is set higher for them. I got a bad case of it but cured it by doing several things.

DSCOO595%20(1).jpg

I changed the stem for one that upward angled at 45 degrees and changed the handlebars for ones that go out and down beyond the knees, like the ones Vovolc shows in the photo.

The riding position suddenly felt right for me although it may be slightly les aerodynamic. My knees dont clash on tight corners.

As the bars have a long leverage to the clamp point I would recommend only getting a stem that has two clamping bolts around the bars. The stem I have used is not quite strong enough.

Overall I have been very happy with the results.

low wong

To marshall 2389:
I didn't

To marshall 2389:
I didn't notice any inconvenice while turning. I increses my normal speed around 3~5km/hr, and overcome some steep hill climbing I gave up before I set up this Nitto handlebar. More important, I never hurt my knee anymore.
BTW, I'm short, 5'4" only, I preffer hilly area biking.