Air Travel with S40

ShawnG

Hello There,
I am about to purchase a 2023 S40 for the main purpose of touring and I have some questions pertaining to the ease of travel with this bike.

1. I have an EVOC Bike Bag Pro that I have been using with my previous touring bikes. Will the S40 Fit into this bag? (I am comfortable removing the handlebars, seat, wheels, pedals and boom)

2. If not then are there any bike bags that the S40 will fit into? I don't particularly like using cardboard boxes.

3. If the S40 is a non starter for bike bags, then are there any Cruzbike models that will fit into a bike bag?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance!

Best Regards

~Shawn G

xtalbike

Pretty sure the S40 will fit the EVOC bag. I just got back from a trip using that bag for the V20c and it fit no problem. @CruzinCambridge used the same (literally) bag for his S30 for PBP. There’s plenty of room to spare if you take off the seat, boom etc as you say.

CruzinCambridge

Yep. I had to remove the bars and flip the boom/chainstay assembly, but was able to do so without kinking the brake hydraulics. I was not comfortable putting my Thor carbon fiber seat in the bag and so transported that separately, but @xtalbike was able to get the flatter stock V20 seat in the bag. There's a lot of extra space in the EVOC bag, but you have to keep it pretty empty of anything but bubble-wrap or risk going over 50lbs.

20230808_225021.jpg

ShawnG

Yep. I had to remove the bars and flip the boom/chainstay assembly, but was able to do so without kinking the brake hydraulics. I was not comfortable putting my Thor carbon fiber seat in the bag and so transported that separately, but @xtalbike was able to get the flatter stock V20 seat in the bag. There's a lot of extra space in the EVOC bag, but you have to keep it pretty empty of anything but bubble-wrap or risk going over 50lbs.

View attachment 16295
Thank you so much for your explanation and for the image, it greatly helps me to understand how to best fit the S40 into the EVOC Bike Bag Pro.

Thankfully it's a little shorter and has mechanical brakes so I won't run into the same space or hydraulic issues.

I will Try to keep the boom in the front but if I can't then I'll dismantle the chainstays and copy your method. I'll send pics once I've got it packed.

Thank you again for your reply!

~Shawn

ShawnG

While it is a bit pricey, it is a hard sided and I know will fit a V20, and should fit an S40 as well:

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the advice, it is quite expensive. Since I already have the Evoc Bike Bag Pro, I think I'll stick to that for the moment.

The moment you start selling an all carbon V20, I'll revisit your link. ;)