Aluminum Crutch Trailer

MailSeanBell

I was inspired by the one wheel bike trailers that I've seen around the net, and then I found a tire a pair of aluminum crutches in the alley and was hoping some people here can give some feedback on the overall design before I go and make them.

Here is what the back wheel looks like:

3550813132_f7e7efc687.jpg

3550007093_9376ebe8b6.jpg

And then here is the basic structure I was thinking of:

3550813750_4a9d6a1cbd.jpg

This is the back wheel, and where the overlap of the cructches is, I thought that I would put a swivel point in. The plan is to support the aluminum with wooden dowling inside wherever a bolt is going through.

3550814028_19ecc0c7ae.jpg

3550814336_370dced099.jpg

One of my big questions is where to hook onto the bike? There seems to be lots of choics in terms of clamping onto the frame, or using existing bolts either at the back wheel, or even the brake levers.

My one crazy idea is to use the giant hole where the pedals on a traditional bike would go, and link all sorts of things off of whatever I screw in there... could be panniers, could be a side car.

So... there is the start of the project. Any suggestions would be welcome and I'll let you know how it goes. I'm moving 800km's to Edson Alberta next week so it might be on hold for awhile anyway.

:cool: