Another new V owner

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
More than one chain, thought this was a single chain....did I miss something?
It really depends on the length of your chainstay and your big ring top and bottom. I run 19" chainstay which is standard, and a 53x28 and I think I need 5 extra inches which is 10-links. I am actually just running a standard chain while my others are drying. I just cannot go big-big or it will lock up!

Phantomrider

It really depends on the length of your chainstay and your big ring top and bottom. I run 19" chainstay which is standard, and a 53x28 and I think I need 5 extra inches which is 10-links. I am actually just running a standard chain while my others are drying. I just cannot go big-big or it will lock up!
I added 6 or 7, can’t remember which it was. Was surprised as I thought it was just a standard chain. I’m running a 36/52 Q ring with the standard boom and can shift through all the gears without issue

Phantomrider

Progress continues - Sorry Ratz but no pics with pig tails as your recommendation with the head rest solved the problem.

Ride #5

a normal 42 mile route with rollers, flats and a couple small hills for good measure. The figure 8's before the ride does indeed make a huge difference thanks to ratz for the suggestion. I had been traveling all week so there were no rides between Sunday and this Saturday adventure. This was an uneventful ride and still working to find the comfort zone on the bike, not much has changed since ride #4 except the days off resulted in some loss in proficiency I believe. This route covered the same first miles as #3 did when the chain broke so it was an opportunity rinse and repeat that portion. finished the ride @18.2 avg mph which is pretty much inline with what I do on the CA2. typically this route is ridden between 18 and 19.4 on any given day. I enjoy it because it has allot of open roads and the rollers are challenging.

Ride #6

Sunday morning, raining when I woke up @5 so spent the morning being lazy watching the weather forecast knowing the guessers were predicting clear skies by 9am. rain finally stopped and the skies cleared but the wind never stopped. did a 31 mile loop with lots of wind, why you may ask, well because I could. The ride was tough in the wind and I was tired from the business trip so only managed a 17.3 ride average but nonetheless all bike rides are good, some are just better than others.

Ride #7

Happy Birthday to Me, yep hit the big 60 today. Did what any self respecting bike rider does on their birthday, I went for a ride. I decided that today was to be the day that I decided if the bike and I were going to get along. You see I have ordered no accessories for it yet because I am unsure if its a keeper and we know that accessories are things you never get your money back from and I hate wasting money. Told my wife I would be out for 3 hours, this would be the longest ride yet on the bike. The route includes the first 30miles of Ride #6 so you get the rollers and a few hills and some flats. I was thinking since I had 3 hours I could probably get about 50-55 miles in and keep my promise to momma. Since today was the decision point I decided to push the bike around a little and see how we were coming along. While I'm, not a racer I do like to ride fast(for me anyway) so I watch Strava segments as a sense of measurement. I managed 1 Pr and 5 2nd and 3rd fastest times on this route today. The ride was completed at 53.3 miles @19.2MPH oddly enough the hillier segments were not where I did so well but on the flats which rather surprised me. My hill segments were typically 15-20 seconds slower than my previous PR's on this route. The bike handles extremely well at speed(20+) and even better at (30+), I found the front end to seem as if the faster the bike moves the lighter it becomes and the easier the handling was. I am quite impressed with the handling ability of the machine and look forward to more miles on it and adding some accessories, yep its time to spend some more money. I still have some challenges on the bike, I need to continue working on up and down shifting at speed and in the climb to smooth out the process. My grip is getting much lighter on the bars, thanks to Cruzbikechris for the tips here. I will say I feel the V handles much better in the crosswinds than my CA2, I felt no movement today in all the wind I was riding in and there were gust of 20 periodically.

I now have 190 miles on the bike and am pleased with my progress, the bike is a keeper. I believe the speed will come on the hills as I improve my shifting and get the bars/brifters dialed in where I want them. how does one get a promo code for accessories???

Cruzbike Chris

I knew you could do it. With time Joe and settling in with your brifters as these are a very new thing for you, I believe you will see the gains you hoped for in the move to Cruzbike. Congrats on the best ride yet and Happy Birthday old man. Remember, it only gets better with miles!

Next post: For Sale Heavily Used, Nearly Worn out, CA2!

nobrakes

Happy Birthday Joe, I like your style - celebrate on two wheels :) As someone who is about to start the same process you are going through (I'm about a week away from finishing my V20 build hopefully), I am interested to hear how you are getting on and it sounds like you are getting on pretty good!

Phantomrider

I knew you could do it. With time Joe and settling in with your brifters as these are a very new thing for you, I believe you will see the gains you hoped for in the move to Cruzbike. Congrats on the best ride yet and Happy Birthday old man. Remember, it only gets better with miles!

Next post: For Sale Heavily Used, Nearly Worn out, CA2!

be kind now, Ole blue is just barely broke in @ 18,000 miles.