Another V20/V20c rear rack option: the S40 rear rack

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
The Vendetta is not just for racing. For those who find the V20/V20c their go-to bike for commuting or long leisurely trips, there is naturally an interest in carrying stuff on a rear rack with or without panniers. There is a good thread about this here. Another option is to use the S40 rear rack. I just put one on my V20. It fits equally well on a V20c. It required four Cateye HP-5 clamps.
1700339690555.png

1700340281989.png

The headrest strut is 19mm diameter so leave the white shims in the clamps. The rear fork is 22mm diameter, so remove the shims. Sooner or later, Cruzbike will source these clamps and offer them with the S40 rack for Vendetta owners, but in the meantime, the HP-5 clamps can be ordered online from Cateye (or other suppliers). I haven't tried to test the weight limit of this on the V20, but I would keep the load to under 15-20 lbs. I like how the rack can be fitted low and close to the tire, and how the cargo would be in a nice aerodynamic location behind the rider.

Jim

Attachments

• 1700341220284.png
    1700341220284.png
    953.6 KB · Views: 45

Jeffers

Performer Low Racer
Nice work.
But if you're never going to use panniers.
Cutting those lower pannier guards off would make it make it look fantastic.

Flakkjacket

Hey Jim! I followed your instructions and added the S40 rear rack to my V20. Everything worked great until I tried to put my panniers on the rack.
I always thought panniers and racks were made to a standard size. My panniers have fit every rack I've ever tried them on but the S40 rear rack is shorter between the rack bar where you attach the pannier at the top and the spot where you're supposed to clip the pannier at the bottom. Can you give me the name of some pannier models that will fit on the S40 rear rack that you'd recommend? I just need to carry commuting stuff. No cross country touring.
Thanks,

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Hi Flakkjacket, This pannier fits the S40 rack perfectly. It just hit our warehouse. If you don't see it on our accessory page, directly search for "Everyday pannoer" on our website. -Jim

1707443044895.png