Anybody heard of a TranzX monoshock?

Cruzbike Chris

Have just under 5k miles on my conversion now since July 2012 and do think I am ready to upgrade to 700c. Kind of stuck at the 15-16 mph on 26" and would like to get up closer to 17. I have been contemplating this upgrade for several months now and finally pulled the trigger on a used shock I found by luck just by stopping by the LBS. I have a wheel set I picked up very cheap for now to see if this will work for me and also ordered the brake post adapter as well.

Here is a picture of the fork I found. Apparently it is from Brazil.

All I need is a contact to see if they can get me the rubber boot that goes in the middle of the post.

image(95).jpg  height:476px;

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
For what it's worth, 700c

Hi,

For what it's worth, 700c wheels shouldn't make very much difference by themselves at all. The gearing will be a little bit bigger, but if you're running the same tire/same hub, then you probably won't notice the difference.

What tires are you running now? It's possible swapping tires might get you the extra little bit you're looking for. Or, better hub.

Finally, aerodynamics is probably the biggest issue. Reclining your seat more may be the easiest thing to do to give you more speed...

Cheers,
Charles

Cruzbike Chris

Great point Charles

Yes, I have seen your posting for a while on tire size and all. Besides loving the tinkering aspect of this bike, I am mainly going to 700 out of desire to be more like a road bike so if, rather when I do save up enough for the Silvio I will know how it feels. I am already set at a 35 recline, static. I currently run Panasonic Panaracer 26 X 1.25. The new set I have are mixed match I picked up dirt cheap with the wheels but in good shape. The back is 110 psi 25 and the front is a 120 psi 23. That is a good 1/4" difference so I hope the pressure and size will help. I did upgrade the gears already to road gears not much different than your set. Charles you were a great influence in the building of this bike and I read nearly everything you ever wrote, and still do. I'm now running an 11/34 x 26/39/50, since my last upgrade. Not a big fan of hills you could say unless they are going down.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Chris,
I should have also

Hi Chris,

I should have also wrote that if you want to upgrade to 700c because (1) you'll have better tire choices or (2) it just looks cooler, those are plenty good reasons.

I don't see any reason why the fork you posted wouldn't work. Can you post a picture of the shock? Looks interesting!

Cheers,
Charles

Cruzbike Chris

Yes it is also a cool factor

image(99).jpg  width:598px

And of course tire selection options are another great point as well. It is supposed to be an invisible shock and looks like around 45mm of travel as best I can measure. according to the research I found some newer models with a rubber boot looks kind of like the Silvio.