Anyone convert a FWD twist to MBB?

I have a performer FWD high racer. The boom is removable and I have a fairly short x-seam = 41. Assuming I am keeping the same seat and bottom bracket position, I would easily clear the "snout" end of the boom with a rear triangle. And, with already having a FWD fork, I think I "should" just be able to slide a rear tringle over the existing fork.

Any reason why this WOULDN'T work? The two unknowns for me are whether I could just use the existing skewer to clamp the rear triangle from a donor over the existing wheel axle and finding a donor frame with a seat tube angle that would extend close to the end of the fork steerer.

Rampa

Guru
If you splicing on a rear triangle, make sure your axle is wide enough to extend through both dropouts. Otherwise you would be applying to much force to just the skewer, and it distort or break.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
If you don't care about being able to reverse the process then you could shave down either the fork or the donor rear triangle (sand it down so that it is thinner) and sandwich the thin one between the good fork and the hub side OR weld or another fixing method to hold them together once you have the sizing. Then the axle should extend through it and into the fork a little bit and keep the stress off of the quick release. The rear on my conversion kit in my avatar has an extra seat stay that does this. (However, the forces you are applying require the parts to hold together really well because of pedalling forces from the triangle pulling against the axle are almost 90 degrees opposite of the fork trying to hold it in place whereas mine is simply seat support directly down onto the rear axle so there is not much force to pull the two in different directions.