Anyone else have an issue with front boom lock

Cyanydd

So excited to have a new v20c, but having an issue with the front boom. There's a small metal locking piece that you drop in, which then gets tightened against the other boom section to hold it together, once you've set the length. But once that small metal piece is inserted, the other part of the boom won't slide in -- it keeps getting pinched by the metal locking piece and won't slide further. And of course everything is carbon, so you *really* don't want to force it! We've tried everything, but it seems like when that piece is seated properly, it still sticks up a *tiny* bit too high to get the boom in.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? I can't find any other evidence of this issue (every video just slides it smoothly in), but it's *definitely* not working. Maybe just got the one part outside the tolerances? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

xtalbike

As it remember it, check that the curved side of the metal piece is engaging the groove on the inner boom. If that’s correct, once you loosen the screws you may need to pull out on them to move the metal piece away from the boom. Also, nothing will move if you don’t loosen the bottom bracket clamps, wheel axle, and boom clamp. All seems obvious but I’ve definitely confused myself on multiple occasions.

cruzKurt

So excited to have a new v20c, but having an issue with the front boom. There's a small metal locking piece that you drop in, which then gets tightened against the other boom section to hold it together, once you've set the length. But once that small metal piece is inserted, the other part of the boom won't slide in -- it keeps getting pinched by the metal locking piece and won't slide further. And of course everything is carbon, so you *really* don't want to force it! We've tried everything, but it seems like when that piece is seated properly, it still sticks up a *tiny* bit too high to get the boom in.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? I can't find any other evidence of this issue (every video just slides it smoothly in), but it's *definitely* not working. Maybe just got the one part outside the tolerances? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I would email support@cruzbike.com, hopefully @Robert Holler will provide some insight here. I have a new v20c also, I will take a look at this today and see what I can figure out.