Anyone using the Backrest Wedge on their S40?

And if so, I would love to see a picture of the full bike with the wedge or better yet one with you sitting in it. I would like to see what this does for the seating position. Thanks

Randyc3

Hi,
I tried the Cruzbike seat wedge for my S40 and felt it made me sit too upright. Made my own which is much thinner but gives me the right amount of support( seems to agree with my back and neck too).

Attachments

• F185AB37-CDBC-4F43-90AC-1110ACA6651F.jpeg
    F185AB37-CDBC-4F43-90AC-1110ACA6651F.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 5A649BA8-7BC7-4E68-9F3A-61CE4A8212DA.jpeg
    5A649BA8-7BC7-4E68-9F3A-61CE4A8212DA.jpeg
    856 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering though if "too upright" might be what I'm after. I have developed cervical stenosis and the goal is to keep the neck, head and upper body straighter without curvature at the neck which I have found really starts at keeping shoulders upright. Headrests just seem to exaggerate the problem, pushing the head forward rather than creating a more upright body position. While I understand the reasoning for the fixed seat angle/frame connection some adjustability would be nice. The Thor seat option is the other possibility but I was just curious what the wedge actually did to the seating position.

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering though if "too upright" might be what I'm after. I have developed cervical stenosis and the goal is to keep the neck, head and upper body straighter without curvature at the neck which I have found really starts at keeping shoulders upright. Headrests just seem to exaggerate the problem, pushing the head forward rather than creating a more upright body position. While I understand the reasoning for the fixed seat angle/frame connection some adjustability would be nice. The Thor seat option is the other possibility but I was just curious what the wedge actually did to the seating position.
You're not alone in needing to limit neck flexion. I can't speak for the seat wedge, but I have a Thor seat on my S40. See here for an example of what it does. I think the highly adjustable ICE headrest works very well with this seat.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i have played around with a zillion different wedges over the years. also a few thor seats. current set up on s40 and v20 are thor seats. v 20 still has a very slight wedge and i am now using a headrest