Appleman 2XR Fit Cranks

CruzRider

I just bought these interesting cranks.

1704336314141.jpeg

They are custom made by a one man outfit in Minnesota. He is working with some local machinists and then does the finishing himself.

From his site - The 2XR FIT Crankset is his vision for what a variable length crank can be: simple, robust, and a range of useful crank lengths. Made for professional fitters, studios, physical therapy (PT), medical offices and crank length enthusiasts.

Color me a “crank length enthusiast” having worked my way down to 165mm and looking to explore shorter ones.

In addition he has regular cranksets available in all of the indicated lengths. Very modular and easy to swap to different chainrings and q -factors.

They are not cheap, but they look worth every penny. They are going on my S40 build. I look forward to sharing a review in a few weeks.

I followed the link and the menu has a "Crank Resources" menu choice that had a "RIDER'S GUIDE TO CRANK LENGTH" that is an interesting read.

Bo6

Good information in the article and the links. A recumbent has a few less options for fitting so I suspect crank length may be more important. I had experienced behind the Knee pain/upper calf related to too long a reach and have been shortening the peddle seat length with good results. I have begun to have a few issues with kneecap discomfort and now wonder about the crank length. More testing to come.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Nice craftmanship - with a price to match!
I made something like this years ago to experiment with cranks length. Mine goes from 90 -150 in 5mm increments. It is GXP comptatible20150413_153106.jpg