Attachment Size Limitation

3WHELZ

Guru
What is the current maximum size allowed for attachments. I hae received an error that the file is too large, but have been unable to determine what is acceptable. Thanks

defjack

Zen MBB Master
  I have the same problem

I have the same problem tried to post 800+600 photos and got too big message What size works? Jack

Maria Parker

Administrator
File size limitation

There is no limit for the resolution of a photo updloaded to the fourms, however the file size must be under 1mb. It is likely you were receiving an error message because of the file size rather than the resolution.

The best way to resolve this issue would be to resize the image, or save it at a lower quality in a photo editing software or through one of the many free online resizing web sites.

WhiteSilvio

File Size Limitation

Hi Maria,
The last time I tried to upload pictures to the forum I got the same message all the time, even though I had "downsized" the photos to a couple of hundred kB. I tried deleting pictures and then "re-uploading" them and that didn't work.

I gave up in the end. I haven't even bothered trying again.

The way understood the problem is that it is a Total upload limit per person, and once you exceed that "end of story".

John T said he was looking into the problem but I haven't seen any difference and clearly others are also having problems.

While this new forum is generally better than the old one, this seems to be one area where there are short-comings.

The only way that I can see to post photos is to post a link to an online photosite, say like the one Nanda uses, Flickr, or photobucket or Picasso.

If something can be done about this or if I am doing something "wrong" when uploading, or attempting to upload, I would happily be guided in the right direction.

Regards,
John R

Romagjack

Hi Maria,
It doesn't appear

Hi Maria,
It doesn't appear that one can add a file attachment to a new post. The file attachment option is only available to replies.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hi Everyone,
I have raised

Hi Everyone,
I have raised the user storage limits, hopefully that will allow uploads again.
John