Benefits of the curved slider

I have been riding and enjoying my V20c for over a year. I am back to riding double centuries and have completed four this year. Overall I think I'm a bit faster on my V20c than the DF and I'm getting faster. Also, the lack if discomfort after a long ride is awesome.

It would be nice to have a little bit more visibility of the road just in front of me. I keep tossing around several ideas such as a curved slider, or maybe the suspension head rest, or maybe the adjustable seat.

I'm gravitating towards the curved slider because it seems like it will help with visibility and maybe aerodynamics. My concern is that it will adversely impact handling.

I'm interested in opinions or experiences on the impact of the curved slider on handling.

Another concern is that it may make it harder to sit up at the occasional stop. Does that seem to be the case?

I'm thinking the lower bar position will make them easier to reach and allow them to be adjusted away from the rider a bit and make the situp clearance a wash.

Here is a picture of me on my current setup.
FB_IMG_1681784550376.jpg

xtalbike

I may be the minority opinion but I tried the curved slider on the V20c and switched back. It depends on your height but in my case at 5’11” I could achieve your goals by switching to the longer chainstay. This tilts the slider so that the handlebars come down a bit without the two downsides of the curved slider: harder to sit up when you need to and danger (happened a couple of times) of being somewhat trapped if you happen to keel over.

Henri

scatter brain
I recently got the longest chainstays, thatbalso bring the bars down significantly (and also a different seat that probably sits a bit higher) and I do experience considerably more difficulty in getting on and off the seat, because the space between bars and seat is now much tighter.

Possibility to put the bars further forward depends on your leg clearance. Lower bars already bring them closer to your thighs, further forward brings them even closer. (My bars don't have as much drop as typical drop bars, so I had them as far forward as possible already.)

Near field road vision should improve with lower bars, but take a look, if your feet are impeding as well, those would stay in the same place. (Raising the head would also work to look over yout feet.)

I have a V20 with the curved slider. I really like it and I find I am quite aero. When riding, the location of my narrow bars is perfect. I could not go back to higher bars now and I don;t find any issues with handling. Also I am fairly lean in the tummy so have the space there. Of course stopping and getting on and off the bike is more difficult. For me, I also ride DF, and that part of the DF is so much better. If I am going for a ride with climbing and/or lots of stopping at lights or for other reasons, I take the DF. I only use the V20 if I am going on fast roads with minimal stops. My riding of the V20 is very specific. I feel more free and dont have to think about stopping/starting on the DF.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Over 5ft 9in tall; with a leg equal to or longer than the torso. Get the longer chainstay first and then if you want more ad curved slider.

Short than 5ft 9in tall or short-legged; get the curved slider only.

I prefer the long chainstay over the curve slider.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Is the longer chainstay available in my version (older red) of the V20? I too would like to see a little better, though I'm also looking for a Thor seat which I hear will help as well.

Thanks for the replies - there is some very helpful information here. It seems that at 6 ft tall the longer chain stay may be the better approach. I'm going to give that some thought and try to visualize that on my next few rides.

I'm quite happy with how my V20 is setup now, a bit more visibility in the front would be nice but I'm not willing to trade fit and comfort for the visibility.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Gregory You learn to look under your feet.

Soup I suspect @Robert Holler , might have some long change stays for the v20 non-c version. But that's a guess.
I might have some in the parts bin, but they'd be the old-style BB clamp that connects to the cups, I can look this weekend that box is at the bottom of a big big pile.

Gregory You learn to look under your feet.

Soup I suspect @Robert Holler , might have some long change stays for the v20 non-c version. But that's a guess.
I might have some in the parts bin, but they'd be the old-style BB clamp that connects to the cups, I can look this weekend that box is at the bottom of a big big pile.
I had not considered the "looking under the feet" approach. I'm thinking on the longer chain stay.

Based on info in the posts it seems like the curved slider is not the answer for me.