Best frame bag v20?

Henri

scatter brain
Also depends on the adjustment of the BB position and if you are using stock chain stays or longer ones. Not a "one size fits all" situation. In the past I just used what I had lying around (Radical Design recumbent specific underframe bag. But it's not great for that use in particular and a bit small.), in the future I want to go to a store and try which of their bags in stock fits the space best.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That Camelbak looks pretty snazzy. I haven't used anything similar for hydration, but keep in mind that 2L above the front wheel might affect handling a bit. As far as fit though, a bag there might be closer to your calves and knees instead of your thighs so it might work out.

quinsky

I use a water bottle with drinking tube mounted there. The issue I have is my thigh rubbing on the tube where it passes beside the head tube. It looks like you might be able to run the M.U.L.E. tube up over the head tube. I have no problems touching the bottle itself.

Aikigreg

I use a water bottle with drinking tube mounted there. The issue I have is my thigh rubbing on the tube where it passes beside the head tube. It looks like you might be able to run the M.U.L.E. tube up over the head tube. I have no problems touching the bottle itself.
I'm not so worried about carrying hydration, just having a pack there to carry some items.

Karl42

For my V20 the "SKS Explorer" frame bag (available on amazon) fits perfectly (but as other have said, your frame geometry is likely a bit different, so you'll need to measure it and then check the dimensions of each bag carefully):
IMG_3769.jpg

The bag attaches in seconds with velcro and can easily be taken off. I use it to carry energy bars, as well as my phone, keys, and credit cards, so that I can take the whole bag when I go into a store. With some practice I learned to access the bag while riding, but that requires leaning forward while coasting. It is probably safer to stop first.

Last edited:

Aikigreg

For my V20 the "SKS Explorer" frame bag (available on amazon) fits perfectly (but as other have said, your frame geometry is likely a bit different, so you'll need to measure it and then check the dimensions of each bag carefully):
View attachment 16976

The bag attaches in seconds with velcro and can easily be taken off. I use it to carry energy bars, as well as my phone, keys, and credit cards, so that I can take the whole bag when I go into a store. With some practice I learned to access the bag while riding, but that requires leaning forward while coasting. It is probably safer to stop first.
Is it this one?

SKS GERMANY Explorer Edge Toptube Bag - 1.0L https://a.co/d/ihuqP59

View attachment 16976

That may be the most efficient cargo setup I’ve seen on a V20. Well thought out bag variety and placement!