Bike adventures of the coming season

Rods

Does everyone have their rides planned for this coming year?
Myself, i dont know what yet, but i am looking into something different.
I have done Bike Across Kansas the last 5 years, and although it is a great ride, ready for a change of scenery.
What are others doing in the central US?

David Risley

Of course there is RAGBRAI, the famous ride across Iowa, which has been described as a rolling county fair.

There is the annual 1 or 2-day Ride Across Wisconsin (225 miles).

In my home state, there is the annual 1-day Ride Across Illinois (165 miles).

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Indiana has RAIN. Several tribe go on that.
Michigan has several rides and routes.

An you can always come to the Michigan cb event...

woodguy

I am doing Bike Sebring to keep me motivated to stay in shape over the winter, and to get out of Wisconsin in February. The Battle of the Brands should attract a bunch of CruzBikes. Over the summer, the Michigan Cruzbike event is on the schedule, and in Wisconsin I’m considering Race the Lake - a one day event of about 100 miles around Lake Winnebago. I’m sure something else will also attract my attention. Hope to see you Rods.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Sebring century
Kentucky’s Century Challenge is a great 5 century series starting w Redbud Ride - fantastic hilly route. Highly recommended. Horsey Hundred through the heart of the Bluegrass. All 5 are great.
Derby City Fondo - Louisville Bicycle Clubs new event on Aug 22/23. Will be an excellent combo of town and country rides w 25-100 mi options on Sat and 25-60 on Sun. And I hear there will be a killer SAG stop at Yew Dell Botanical Gardens on Sat . . . I know a guy . . .

Other possibilities -
Flat 50 - excellent route just E of Indy. Quite competetive. Just ask @CruzLike
Tour De Pork - excellent 50/62mi in the knobs of S Indiana
HarvestHomecoming in S Indiana

I need to retire!

CruzLike

Guru
Hi All
I'm currently cramming for the Sebring 12hr.

Some of the rides @paco1961 mentioned sound interesting. Since I'm a couple of hours drive away, I may need to look into them closer.

Since I have not seen my son for while. I have an interest in driving to Colorado to visit and ride the Triple Bypass. https://triplebypass.org/ I expect this to be a survival ride instead of a hang out with the leaders ride. I'm a flat lander and I like breathing air around 800' in elevation. This ride starts at 6000' el and goes up 3, 3000' mountains. It will be an adventure.

The RAIN Ride is the weekend following. Might not make that one. Although, If I time it right, it will be on the way home. I wonder if my wife will buy that?

The unsponsored CB Retreat has peaked my interest. Waiting for the plans to gel.

@super slim When your trip to the US is nailed down. Share your itinerary. I and maybe others might like to meet up.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Unfortunately moving to Hilton Head Island, SC I am a lot farther from everything except Sebring. Even so, I am hoping to do the 12-hour Maryland Challenge (which I think is in May), Alvin's event - Mid-Atlantic Ultra (12-hour) in Washington, NC (usually in mid August), and hoping to attend the World Recumbent Championships in the Netherlands in July. They usually have a sprint, mid-distance, and also a 3 or 6-hour race.