Bike cases

Gofer

Would the B&W curve bike case be a good all around bike case for Q-45 ,S40 and V20c .I own a Q45 but may want get some other bikes as well would like to stay with one good all around case for flights.

Beano

I've got the above, yes it's a soft case but the way it works is you have two brackets that slide along a set of parallel rails. You take the wheels off and fasten the bike to these brackets with the respective QR/ thru axle levers. This is then fastened to the base of the case and stops the frame from moving around. You then pack the void bits of the case with the other bike parts (you have to take off the boom, slider, chainstay and seat pan.) all wrapped in bubble wrap. Bubble wrap the frame and pack out the last of the void spaces with more bubble wrap. Put the wheels in the side bags and you are good to go. I've transported both my V20 and S40 using this bag.

The B&W box you have above should work in theory as it's long enough to accommodate the wheelbase. It's all a question of how much dissembling is required to make the bike fit in the bag and how will this sit in the box when transported.

Last edited:

Gofer

Thank you Beano appreciate your experience.I would like to do some more bike touring and bike flight’s add up 2-300.$ each time I have only used them once they worked great just looking for some good cheaper options

Gofer

Thank you Beano appreciate your experience.I would like to do some more bike touring and bike flight’s add up 2-300.$ each time I have only used them once they worked great just looking for some good cheaper options

Gofer

I have the Evoc coming into MEC store in Edmonton.I will make sure my bike fits it .It’s costing me 1035.00 ca

Beano

I have the Evoc coming into MEC store in Edmonton.I will make sure my bike fits it .It’s costing me 1035.00 ca
It's not cheap, but to me it's one of those things where it's not the cost but the value.

Gofer

You have an S40 and V20 which bike do you like better? I have a Q45 and did the Southern Tier last Feb and March the Q45 was great ,Just looking for a bit more speed .

Gofer

Greg,
You are welcome to try my S40. I now pretty much only ride the Q45 to work and V20 during weekends.
Michael
Thank you Michael,I didn’t realize it was you sorry for that .Yes I will come down to your place and try them out sometime in August we will keep in touch and set up a time

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Thank you Michael,I didn’t realize it was you sorry for that .Yes I will come down to your place and try them out sometime in August we will keep in touch and set up a time
Great! It will be fun seeing you again.