Bike rack

Laurent

Hello Cruzbikers!

I'm a more then happy new canadian owner of a Sofrider V2 and I'm thinking of purchasing a bike rack to carry it along with my wife's stand up bike. My car is a 2003 Suzuki Aerio Berline. I thought of purchasing either a Sport Rack EZ 2 or a Swagman XC 2 Bike Cross Country. Both are platform bike hitch rack type. I don't know if they are sold over in the USA.

Does any sofrider owner use this type of rack? If so, does the hook of the rack adapt to the wide seat of the Sofrider? To me, the seat seems to be to wide for the hook to have a good and firm grip? I would'nt like to have to remove the seat every time. Can anyone tell if they found a simple solution or should I look for another type of rack? If the latter is the only solution, any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hi,

I think you'll be fine with either one.

The seat is a little wider than a DF seat, but not so much as to interfere with the back window or the other bike.

The V1 and V2 are very compatible with anything that works with traditional MTB's - that's one of the great things about the Sofrider!

Best,

Doug