Bill's Goose

rearengine

I couldn't resist showing off my new Mon goose conversion. I tansferrd the kit from my Tiara to the ladies 26" Goose. It's 3" longer in wheel base, and more room in the cockpit. Seat is 2" higher @ 25". I used the 1" shorter rear shock from the Tiara to lower the seat as much as possible, I really liked the Tiara but this bike handles much better. I think the longer wheel base helped, and running about 3" of trail unloaded. I'm wondering about the Vergin 8 bars , has anyone tryed them on a conversion bike.

rearengine

Sorry about the double pictures in my last post. I meant to send this pic. with the decals still on. Take care Bill

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hi Bill,

I'm going to try the Origin 8 bars on my conversion very soon. I've just been occupied with other things, like riding! At $25 for the bar, it's a pretty cheap gamble.

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Very nice, Bill,

Glad to see you're still developing and refining the bike.

How's the handling with the lowered rear suspension?

Keep at it,

Doug

rearengine

Doug & Mark!! Thanks for the replies. The bike handles good. I was afraid there might be to much trail,but seems ok. Mark! I am going into Wheel & Sprocket Thurs., and pick up a riser, and bars. Can the ORIRIN bars in any way work like tweeners? Thanks Take care Bill

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
rearengine wrote: Doug & Mark!! Thanks for the replies. The bike handles good. I was afraid there might be to much trail,but seems ok. Mark! I am going into Wheel & Sprocket Thurs., and pick up a riser, and bars. Can the ORIRIN bars in any way work like tweeners? Thanks Take care Bill

Bill,

No,the Origin 8 is more like a road bar, except in our usage, we're always on the drops. The neat thing is the multitude of hand positions. I neglected to mention your build looks really nice, you did a great job. I guess you could say it appears your 'Goose is cooked! :lol:

Mark

rearengine

I didn't relize I could edit my posts. in fooling around I deleted this picture by mistake, so reposting it. Mark my goose isn't cooked quite enough yet. I still want to do something with the handlebars.. Bill

rearengine

A picture of my Goose with Tiara chainstays. Itr rides, and handles like a champ. lowerd the seat to 23 1/2" unloaded. Trail around 2 1/2". Probably goes to 3 1/2 loaded. Lots of fun.( I think my goose is cooked now Mark B.) Take care Bill

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
hey, Bill,

I love this bike. Very interesting combination of parts. very cool way of getting the seat height down.

Will the shock bottom-out before the geometry goes over-center? The shock and geometry is probably giving a very interesting rate curve.

Fascinating bike...

Be well!

Doug

rearengine

Hey Doug! Thanks for taking a look. I was concerned about the overcentering when I put it together too. It doesn't bottom out with my weight . My Son at 200 lb sat on it and jounced , while I watched the shock and it did bottom out. The frame, and the chainstays seem to go down at about the same rate, so the shock petty much keeps the same attitued as when it's unloaded. We ran the spring down as tight as we could just to be safe. It still is a soft ride, and no POGO, thanks to Cruzebike geometry. Take care Bill