Campagnolo Centaur Bike

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote: Ahhh... as with fine marble, so with cardboard -

Being a country boy at heart, I was thinking something more along the lines of a camoflauge pattern, maybe Mossy Oak. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

Nanda H.

Re: AFter an elephant's gestation...

Hardtailcruzer wrote:
IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

The Jagwire inline cable adjuster I highly recommend - made setting the FD up much easier.

I musta missed this post, maybe because I am not a Campy guy, but OMG...this Silvio looks hot and clean, and the bars/cable prepped is exactly what I had in mind with my original DA barcon setup.

Where can I source those Jagwire in-line cable adjusters? My parts supplier Wilson Bike does not stock them :cry:

I'd like get 6 sets for future Silvio builds and other crank forwards with barcons. If you can get them Doug, please shoot me a total with shipping and a markup and Paypal addy eh :lol: Hopefully John can add'm to the Silvio F-set kit with the WTB bars :eek:

Also, what t'was the final weight of Byran's Campilvio?

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
HI Nanda,

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot coming from a professional like yourself. The Campy stuff seems to lend itself to a clean-looking arrangement, and as a definite "Japanophile", I was very surpriesed and pleased with how it all works.

The Jagwire parts really made the front derailleur setup easy. This Ebay store has them for $4.95 "buy it now"...

http://stores.ebay.com/Mile-Wide-Sports_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

I sourced mine from a wonderful new bike shop in Richmond, Va. called Carytown Bicycle Company, who stocks these and Origin 8 bars...

http://www.carytownbicyclecompany.com/

I think they are becoming more widely-available - the Carytown mechanic (a very talented lady indeed) said that they just started carrying them.

Now if I can just get the bike folded up on itself without hurting it in the process, Bryan will finally get it and I can start working on frame 2, which will be all about developing the existing frame for shorter riders.

Best,

Doug

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote: Now if I can just get the bike folded up on itself without hurting it in the process, Bryan will finally get it and I can start working on frame 2, which will be all about developing the existing frame for shorter riders.

Best,

Doug

Is that Randy Newman I hear in the background?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry. :oops:

Mark

Nanda H.

Hardtailcruzer wrote: HI Nanda,

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot coming from a professional like yourself.

I am a mere mortal Doug, or enthusiast representative is what I told Randy at RANS :lol: ...with a UBI education at least :idea: http://www.bikeschool.com class of 1/06

Thanks for the eBay link, just ordered 6 sets (Ultegra Silvio, Peter's Silvio converision, and red Sonia shown on the homepage which got the first Silvio setup controls..DA Barcons and Ultegra levers, and some spares)
http://www.wilsonbike.com to see if they can stock'm.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Those are the same adjusters I got at my LBS. They are pretty nice, but I didn't use one on the front. Doug, I was having a hard time figuring out why you needed the adjusters on the front, but remembered my LBS guy telling me Campy had changed their front shifters. The nice thing about the older Campy stuff (pre 2008) is the way you can trim the front derilleur shifter. You can actually move the derailleur one way, or the other, without changing rings. It's kind of a cross between indexed and friction. Not as extreme as Shimano's half shift either.

Mark

Robert Stewart

Hi,
Very nice work. I think I have cable envy! I have a question though. I notice you have taped all the way up to the handlebar clamps, which certainly lends itself to cable neatness. However, where can you then attach a front light (mine is attached to the handlebars just left of the left clamp)?
Cheers,
Rob
p.s. I look forward to the bentrider review. I think we'll be seeing a few more Silvio enthusiasts after that. ;)

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hi Rob, I use a nightrider lamp, and It will attach to the TFT just as easily as the handlebar. I also have a video camera mountI built to fit on the TFT in the same way.

But that really didn't have anything to do with the wrapping. I left a little more space on the bar center when I re-wrapped it ( the re-wrap was done with a carbon-fiber look tape - it doesn't show in the photos, but it compliments the carbostays pretty well)

The Campy cable routing lets the bike look really clean and there's very little parasitic loss in the cables from the tight routing.

I re-routed my Sofrider cables the same way.

Best,

Doug

Robert Stewart

Hi Doug,

What does TFT mean? I'm a techie and TFT just means thin film transitor to me... :?

I have Campy gear myself, and appreciate the cable logic. I'm just aware your looks a bit tidier than mine (see page 2 of my brag board thread).

Cheers,
Rob
p.s. What is that part with four slots/holes through for just above the bottom bracket?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Robert Stewart wrote: Hi Doug,

What does TFT mean? I'm a techie and TFT just means thin film transitor to me... :?

I have Campy gear myself, and appreciate the cable logic. I'm just aware your looks a bit tidier than mine (see page 2 of my brag board thread).

Cheers,
Rob
p.s. What is that part with four slots/holes through for just above the bottom bracket?

I deduced TFT means "telescoping front tube". I narrowed it down to that and "testicle flattening thingy".

I was told the bracket welded on just above the BB is a fairing mount. Personally, I believe it's a mount for some kind of laser weapon John T is developing to take out offensive automobiles.

Mark

Robert Stewart

Mark B wrote:
Robert Stewart wrote: Hi Doug,

Cheers,
Rob

I deduced TFT means "telescoping front tube". I narrowed it down to that and "testicle flattening thingy".

I was told the bracket welded on just above the BB is a fairing mount. Personally, I believe it's a mount for some kind of laser weapon John T is developing to take out offensive automobiles.

Mark

Hmmm.. OK. I was thinking the latter might be a fairing mount. I've been thinking about getting an HP Velo' Streamer at some point:
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/streamer/index_e.html
but that's another thread...
Cheers,
Rob

Kamatu

Mark B wrote: I deduced TFT means "telescoping front tube". I narrowed it down to that and "testicle flattening thingy".
Mark

As close as the cockpit is in my current configuration your second definition might fit if I collide with anything head on.....