Car headlights

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I use my Grasshopper to go to work, and come back in the dark, through the borderlands between London and Essex in the UK. The one thing that really annoys me about riding at night is on-coming headlights. It seems that almost all British drivers use their full-beams all the time, and about half of them have their fog-lights turned on. Blinding. And they don't need them in this built-up area.

I spend a lot of the journey with one hand in front of my face. And my mirror turned round. I wish they didn't do it.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
you are not alone

I once wrecked on a fast.downnill at 5:00 in the morning because an oncoming motorist decided he needed to use his high beams more than I needed to see.

rrward

Way back in the day I had a

Way back in the day I had a set of bike headlights with a 10-watt low beam and a 20-watt high beam (back in the days of incandescent bulbs). I got them to avoid hitting deer on my night rides down the American River bikepath in Sacramento, CA. I found that car drivers tended to be a bit more "considerate" when they see an oncoming light of sufficient brightness. Especially when I took the inniative and dropped my highbeams first.