Carbon seat / headrest means no accessories, right?

Cyanydd

I'm looking at a new build, and the carbon seat seems like it would provide the best flexibility on getting a great fit for both the seat and headrest. But with the smaller headrest, it looks like there are no options for attaching water bottles, tail lights, etc. Am I thinking about this right? Would I be better to just suck it up and use the standard headrest? Are there other options that I should be thinking about?

I'm still planning on using a moose pack, but I really love my Garmin Varia and want to make sure I have a good spot to mount it. Thanks!

xtalbike

I have the carbon seat on a V20C. I mount a Bacchetta Brain Bag on it. I have my Varia on the rear seat stay. It's angled up a bit more than would be ideal but still works reliably.

rfneep

I mounted an Origin 8 Light Mount Stub (can see on the Accessories section on the CB store) on the carbon seat headrest mount and it holds a Varia just fine.

Cyanydd

Awesome - thanks guys. I feel like the seat is the right answer, and I'm happy to figure out another solution for water bottles, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the Varia. Cheers!

I'm looking at a new build, and the carbon seat seems like it would provide the best flexibility on getting a great fit for both the seat and headrest. But with the smaller headrest, it looks like there are no options for attaching water bottles, tail lights, etc. Am I thinking about this right? Would I be better to just suck it up and use the standard headrest? Are there other options that I should be thinking about?

I'm still planning on using a moose pack, but I really love my Garmin Varia and want to make sure I have a good spot to mount it. Thanks!
By “carbon seat” I assume you mean the Adjustable Carbon Fiber Seat and Headrest accessory and not the standard carbon fiber seat that’s included with a frameset or complete bike.

You can see from the photo that the standard headrest (minus the foam & cover) can still be used and can accommodate a Headrest Cage Mount Kit with a Utility Post Add-on or a Race Case (I believe there’s an updated version in the works).