Clicking sound

rdl03

I have what I believe is an early Sofrider (it has a disc mount in front, not in back, no shock in front, 26" wheels). Currently it's mounted on my smart trainer, with a 3x8 drivetrain. Particularly in low gears, with harder efforts, there is a clicking noise. It's not consistent. It almost matches with my cadence. It sounds like its coming from the back of the bike. It seems like I can make it go away by making a real effort to keep my upper body still, with or without holding the handlebars.
My first thought is that it's related to movement of the front of the bike related to the the rear shock.
Have any of you encountered and solved this? (It doesn't happen with my S40 on the same trainer.).

JerseyJim

I don't have a Sofrider, however, it's not unusual to hear noises from a rear suspended bike when it is on a stationary trainer since there is no road or wind noise to mask it. While annoying I don't think it's harmful or dangerous. If I were in this situation, I would lube all pivot points in the suspension, make sure the bolts are snugged to spec and there's no play in the pivots, then see if the noise goes away.