Commuting on V20 and S40.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Radical design banana racers. Over seat.

Oem cruzbike bags various. See store.

bachetta brain bag. On rear.

Plenty info on forum. Vendetta storage etc.

Rawb

I just put a set of Banana Racers on my S40 this weekend. Good quality, a great size and they hang very well on the Thor seat. They can be cinched up largely out of the way or expand to hold as much as I need for a day.

NeaL

Guru
The new S40 underseat rack is a simple bolt-on rack that I think will be the preferred way to carry bags on that bike for sure. I designed it during the early Covid lockdown last spring while at home. Its finally here and it is a WIN!

It looks like y'all's new picture of the Scarab bag on the website has also exposed a new S40 colorway before it has been officially revealed in the S40 Insiders e-mail updates.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Shhhhhh shush.

Those emails with fast slide show send me.

Like Roberts sense of humour . New rack install videos are a hoot.

mate you’re made an honorary fair dinkum Aussie . You are pro. Go get a tan on that beach.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
To answer the OP question though - the S40 is really the commenter/tourer. Capable of hauling 4 panniers plus a trunk with aplomb. The V20 is the race bike. Yes It can be set up to do some fast touring - but the rear end is very light compared to the S40 rear end. Maybe for some credit cart touring it would be a good platform, but a V20 I personally would not load down with a ton of bags and weight - it is why we have never made specific racks for that bike.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
giphy.gif

mate you’re made an honorary fair dinkum Aussie . You are pro. Go get a tan on that beach.

Yeahhhh!!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
Has anyone tried the Radical Design Solo Aero on an S40 ?

No not on s40 but I have it fitted to a sofrider. The open pocket that slips over the seat is a little larger than the bachetta brain bag. The bag is also larger. Quality metal large zip. The bag is made very well. You can hang a bidon on the bag outer in ready made bidon storage.

however in my opinion the bachetta brain bag is a better bag. And much better value.
I can use Garmin varia Radar off bag net rear pocket. Insulated bladder storage. Mounting options with open and closed pocket plus cinch band. I have three of them.

you just have to keep plastic zip lubed.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Silvio is a classic commuter. Better than the Grasshopper. The last modification I did was bolting an Easy Reacher rack, onto which I put Restrap clip-on panniers. So the bastards got those for free. The S40 is called an endurance road bike. I assume it can endure the traffic jams and parks and underpasses as well as it's predecessor did.

NeaL

Guru
It looks like y'all's new picture of the Scarab bag on the website has also exposed a new S40 colorway before it has been officially revealed in the S40 Insiders e-mail updates.

Ah, I can see now that it's a mostly B&W picture ...with the faintest trace of color next to the rear straps.