Condisering 24-hour Record Attempt in Savannah, Ga - need crew

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hello everyone,
I am considering attempting a 24-hour record attempt on a 1.1 mile circular road near Savannah (actually Pooler, Ga) - I am hoping to become the oldest person to break 500 miles in 24-hours.
I am wondering is anyone lives close enough that they would like to come and help out.
I am thinking of doing it Nov 12- Nov 13 - which would be 3 weeks from tomorrow and Sat. Nov 13 is also my 62 birthday. :)

I live in Hilton Head Island, SC about 1 hour from the course.
We have 2 extra bedrooms and would be able to put up several people if needed.
Please email me at larryoslund@gmail.com or call me at 828-216-7860 if you think you would be interested.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
That is excellent! Living in California, I can't swing being on the pit crew, but whoever can will be part of something great.

Jayrob

I use to live next to Pooler off Dean Forest Rd. I still have a friend who lives in Savannah but he is not going to be home for several weeks as he is in Atlanta. I'll be 69 Wednesday and hope you break the 500+ mark Larry! I wished I had seen this sooner as I would have loved to come back to Savannah and help out. Can't make it now as we have the grandkids coming to stay all this weekend. It would have been a nice birthday present for me.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I use to live next to Pooler off Dean Forest Rd. I still have a friend who lives in Savannah but he is not going to be home for several weeks as he is in Atlanta. I'll be 69 Wednesday and hope you break the 500+ mark Larry! I wished I had seen this sooner as I would have loved to come back to Savannah and help out. Can't make it now as we have the grandkids coming to stay all this weekend. It would have been a nice birthday present for me.
Thanks for the reply and the call - Happy Birthday!
I have post-poned the attempt until the spring for a several reasons.

Jayrob

Let me know when you plan on doing it. I might head over that way and help out. It has been about 15 years since I have been back to Savannah. I went to high school and college in Savannah.
Happy Birthday to you too Larry!