Conversion Kit FWD bracket concern

paul

Hi folks, I just need a little reassurance or maybe correction on what I'm doing. I have a Mongoose with the front axle centered in the fork, not rear of the fork like the picture in the directions. I am using the center hole in the FWD bracket. I cant use the forward hole, because the bend in the bracket prohibits the holes from lining up. The angle between the forward surface of the fork and the rear surface of the FWD bracket seems extreme. If I hold the bracket so the two surfaces are roughly parallel, I would estimate a distance of 5/8" between them. I am concerned that the angle will cause the hose clamp to work it's way up off the bracket. And I am concerned that if I make a larger spacer, that it may slip off to the side if I hit a bump and the clamp would then be loose. I have included a picture showing the bracket up against the fork so you can see the angle and one showing the bracket roughly parallel so you can see how big the gap would be.

Thanks for your help

Paul

l
FWD%20bracket%20closed.jpg  width:675px

FWD%20bracket%20open.jpg  width:675px

paul

I'm sure some will notice

I'm sure some will notice that there are no rubber spacers in the pics. I didn't for get them, I just left them out to make it easier to see the gap.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Clamp it, it'll be fine

I've run the upper plate at much more severe angles than that. There's a tang on the adapter bracket that will keep the clamp from working its way off...

Looks fine to me.

Cheers,

Doug