Cracked tube... Solutions?

Seti

Pushed left pedal hard to accelerate and felt slow tear. Was able to ride home. What is the solution, anyone?

upload_2021-6-10_11-40-20.png

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Your Quest has put in many, many years of faithful service. She doesn’t owe you anything anymore. It is time to put the younger generation to work. Buy a Q45.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Bummer about the cracked frame. It seems as though you may have purchased it relatively recently and her hard service was enjoyed by someone else.

Another option is finding a replacement front triangle.

Rampa

Guru
Technically, it is only the bb-shell and lower boom tube that needs replacing. The rest of the front triangle is likely fine. I think that part is still identical on the T50, but may not be available separately.

Seti

Bummer about the cracked frame. It seems as though you may have purchased it relatively recently and her hard service was enjoyed by someone else.

Another option is finding a replacement front triangle.
Bought it about 4 years ago with 5 miles. I ve ridden about 8k over the years.

Seti

Technically, it is only the bb-shell and lower boom tube that needs replacing. The rest of the front triangle is likely fine. I think that part is still identical on the T50, but may not be available separately.
Thank you will contact Cruzbike

Seti

Your Quest has put in many, many years of faithful service. She doesn’t owe you anything anymore. It is time to put the younger generation to work. Buy a Q45.
Appreciate the comment but too much money for my use now.

billyk

Guru
Hey guys, you're making too big a deal out of this. That thing has been hanging on the wall of my pretty small bike garage for 6 years (I looked at some records and it was actually 2015). It's pretty obvious I'm not going to do anything with it. Getting it to someone who has use for it is win win.

On the other hand @Seti hasn't contacted me yet. I'll try to PM him now.

jphipps

The same break happened to my Quest3 about three years ago. Search for

Quest 3 frame failure on this forum