Creaking front triangle

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Maybe reach out to Customer Support so they can weigh in on the 'grommets'?
Hello Taoweiji,

See the response to SofRider29. The O rings (they are O rings, not grommets--my mistake) seem to be there to prevent overtightening the clamps. If the clamps are not overtightened, they are not absolutely necessary.

Kline

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
The grommets between the stay and the clamps are solely there as a reminder to not overtightened the bolts and to tighten them evenly by creating a default “gap”. The clamps must be tightened evenly as well - if they are tightened - for example - one side all the way until the surfaces touch - then the other side tightened - the clamp will break as it is being stressed too much.

Is does sound as if your clamps just needed that extra bit of tightening

Last edited:

CuHead

Creaking progress---all creaks and clicks eliminated. The culprits were the boom clamps and the seat tube.

Now that all that racket has been eliminated i've been able to pay attention to how this bike rides, and i'll just say it is one sweet ride! The suspension eats up any bumps and the more upright seating position is great.
View attachment 13125
Looks like a good bike for road or trail. I'd suggest a red LED flashing light on the long seat back post; under $20 on Amazon. The bigger tires and upright seat look like it'd be good on the C&O Canal Bike Trail, combination dirt/gravel, some miles of crushed stone like Rails to Trails, a wooden bridge section, C&O starts in DC and goes 190mi up into MD. I'm planning another riding, camping, and fishing trip on the C&O soon. Camping spots with hand pumped water almost every 5mi. Will not be using my Silvio 1.0 w its 25mm Gatorskins.