Crupi short crank questions

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Hi,
Someone posted about using Crupi crank as short crank substitute. I couldn't find the link even using the search function. I apologize. Here are my questions...

1. Where and what model do you use?
2. Is it "plug and play" if current crank is a Shimano crank? That is, if I have a 105 crankset, can I just take it out and put in the Crupi crank (with rings) without messing around with the BB?

Thank you,

Michael

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Have not used these but be careful and check for weight limit. Some of the short BMX type cranksets have a 150 lb weight limit.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
On the Crupi website the only ones available are Sinz. They look like the same design as my Redline. They come with their own BB, like Redline, but it is Euro thread. Will this fit a Cruzbike?

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Short cranks ?

I'm a CB newbie and am discovering a LOT of Cruzers switch to shorter cranks which SHOULD help eliminate a lot of the CB pedal steer.

Opinions WELCOME ...

Indiana Dave

Short cranks ?

I'm a CB newbie and am discovering a LOT of Cruzers switch to shorter cranks which SHOULD help eliminate a lot of the CB pedal steer.

Opinions WELCOME ...

Indiana Dave
I switched to shorter cranks to shorten the amount of knee bend. I did not notice any change with pedal steer. If you smooth out your pedal stroke; pedal steer goes away.

You can also have your handlebars a bit further out with shorter cranks. My right knee is a mess so a shorter knee bend helps me out.

rfneep

I almost require short cranks just to get my handlebars at a reasonable distance. Otherwise I don’t think I’d still be riding my S30. However, I’ve not noticed any real impact on pedal steer. Also they do reduce knee stress in my case.

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Crupi cranks? Never heard of them.

Short cranks? Ali Express. Search BMX cranks or child's cranks.

152mm = $35 in your hands 6 weeks later

Best advantage in my mind ... promotes easy 100 rpm cadence. Much better on one's knees.

Have fun experimenting ...

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Crupi cranks? Never heard of them.

Short cranks? Ali Express. Search BMX cranks or child's cranks.

152mm = $35 in your hands 6 weeks later

Best advantage in my mind ... promotes easy 100 rpm cadence. Much better on one's knees.

Have fun experimenting ...
I ended up getting 155mm BBK crank from Australia off ebay for about $160. Still cheaper than Cobb crankset which has gone up in price.

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
All
Once you discover AliExpress , nearly all other retailers are out the door.

I've been dealing with AE for 3 plus years.
95% reliable. Just a couple CC chargebacks