Cruzbike Sighting - Google Maps

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Last September, while out riding, I noticed a *mapping vehicle* going by (big camera, roof mounted, little car).
I stopped and noted my position using What3Words (https://what3words.com/brings.body.genuine)* and sent myself an email about 6 months into the future.

I stumbled on that draft email today - a month early and I give to you - The Mapped Neighborhood Cruzbiker (Link to the google maps listing.)
1677050148867.png
Zooming up the road a bit you can barely make out my left arm extended in the "'Hey!' that-thing-was-taking-my-picture-salute.
1677049933666.png

Cheers,
Lief

Lief

Guru Schmuru
* - I forgot the PSA note on What3Words - if you haven't heard of it before I recommend giving it a look. Great way to get a riding group assembled in the right location. Instead of meeting
- "at the water fountain in the big baseball in the ground between diamonds #4 and #5 at the NW end of MaryMoor park - about 100 yards from the trailhead"
- or instead of dropping a pin on a crazy Lat/Lon along some trail 20 miles from nowhere.
- you can say "Meet me at ///brain.rested.curl" and keep riding. :D

Many first responders around the world know how to use this service already - the USA is starting to catch up.