Cruzbike weights

roons

I am looking to buy a cruzbike, but can't get an apples to apples comparison of weights of the S40 vs the V20c.
Can anybody help me with this?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
From the spec pages S40 Complete 2023: 28.6 lbs

For the v20 it really depend what you put on it. Frame weight is 3.7lbs

Enid

Right. Lightest FWD frame is about 1.5kg (Zockra). Always wanted one of those!

Can make a carbon frame cheaper outside of Taiwan than an aluminum frame inside Taiwan,

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Right. Lightest FWD frame is about 1.5kg (Zockra). Always wanted one of those!

Can make a carbon frame cheaper outside of Taiwan than an aluminum frame inside Taiwan,
I briefly owned a Zockra (couldn't get the xseam quite right) and I can attest to its lightness. Never experienced that before. Sadly, due to the fitting issue, I had to sell her. She's racing away on MS150's and other events. He converted her to a 700c high racer.

20200809_123748.jpg

Tinker

From the spec pages S40 Complete 2023: 28.6 lbs

For the v20 it really depend what you put on it. Frame weight is 3.7lbs
you mean, like, not put on the boom and chainstay? :p
while SOME components are easily exchangeable standard bike parts, i think it's disingenuous not to list the actual total weight anywhere.

I put everything on a scale when i got my V20c Frameset.
Weight:
frame: 1.9kg (that's a miss by >15%)
chainstay: 0.39kg
boomthing: 0.6kg
fork: 0.41kg
handlebars: 0.32kg
seat: 0.92kg
headrest: 0.26kg

bonus:
stock seat pad: 0.32kg
headrest pad: 0.07kg

various random stuff like thru-axle, bar tape, screws... shipped with the frame to actually put it together: 0.75ish kg (didn't bother tearing off all the wrappers)

total: 5.9kg (minus wrappers for random stuff) - or 13lbs

realistically exchangeable:
seat+headrest (thorseat, alternative seat sold by Cruzbike...)
pads (i.e. ventisit)
handlebars (the stock ones make learning easier, but they are wiiiide)

Last edited:

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
you mean, like, not put on the boom and chainstay? :p
while SOME components are easily exchangeable standard bike parts, i think it's disingenuous not to list the actual total weight anywhere.

I put everything on a scale when i got my V20c Frameset.
Weight:
frame: 1.9kg (that's a miss by >15%)
chainstay: 0.39kg
boomthing: 0.6kg
fork: 0.41kg
handlebars: 0.32kg
seat: 0.92kg
headrest: 0.26kg

bonus:
stock seat pad: 0.32kg
headrest pad: 0.07kg

various random stuff like thru-axle, bar tape, screws... shipped with the frame to actually put it together: 0.75ish kg (didn't bother tearing off all the wrappers)

total: 5.9kg (minus wrappers for random stuff) - or 13lbs

realistically exchangeable:
seat+headrest (thorseat, alternative seat sold by Cruzbike...)
pads (i.e. ventisit)
handlebars (the stock ones make learning easier, but they are wiiiide)
I think that has more to do with the parts variability on the complete bike package for the v20c, Robert's been sourcing parts from high and nigh, meaning random weights so if you quote it someone will complain.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Weights can vary- and for recumbents the total weight is rarely the be all of performance. I would argue that the lightest recumbents are some of the worst, as they are also the most flimsy, especially for a heavier rider or even average weight riders.

Also I can climb faster on my S40 than other lighter recumbents...

Only in a battle of the scales does weight matter IMHO - especially for recumbents.

Enid

I briefly owned a Zockra (couldn't get the xseam quite right) and I can attest to its lightness. Never experienced that before. Sadly, due to the fitting issue, I had to sell her. She's racing away on MS150's and other events. He converted her to a 700c high racer.

View attachment 15535
I almost got Barbara Buatois’ Zockra. Would have been cool to have a bike with so many records

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I was in the 2024 TX MS 150 this past weekend. I saw Cruzbikes in 22 & 23, but not this year. One of my favorite things to do each year since 2018!
I rode in both the 22 & 23 TX MS 150 on my Marine Blue S40. I was signed up to ride but was worried about the weather so actually did the ride on my Kickr trainer and S40. How did it go for you? Are you located in the Houston area?

Bryan

I rode in both the 22 & 23 TX MS 150 on my Marine Blue S40. I was signed up to ride but was worried about the weather so actually did the ride on my Kickr trainer and S40. How did it go for you? Are you located in the Houston area?
It was a good time. I left from my house in Katy. Did 86 miles on the first day. No rain until Sunday AM, and only for a short time. Cloud cover helped.