Cruzbike with 30-degree seat angle?

Barry_G

I'd appreciate information on which historical Cruzbikes were made with a ~ 30-degree seat angle and the approximate total weight of those bikes? Thanks!

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I'd appreciate information on which historical Cruzbikes were made with a ~ 30-degree seat angle and the approximate total weight of those bikes? Thanks!
The S30 is the only one I know of with a 30 degree angle, but the Silvio 2.0 came with a 27 degree angle.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
The S30 is the only one I know of with a 30 degree angle, but the Silvio 2.0 came with a 27 degree angle.
This is pretty much it - The weight can vary greatly depending on components, wheels, etc. - But figure in the 25-28 lb range.
You can accomplish the same thing with a much newer, lighter, and stiffer plaform by purchasing a V20C and putting a 10 degree wedge under the seat pad. then you have the best of both worlds.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Thanks! Is wedging the seat pad described anywhere online? Would that just be using the S40 "Foam Wedge Backrest Insert" sold on the Web site?
https://cruzbike.com/collections/all-products/products/foam-wedge-backrest-insert-s40
This is just a 9-10 long wedge - and it mostly just turns your shoulder higher.
I would take a 2" thick piece of hard foam (like at Lowes) and shape it from the bottom of the seat to the top to get the angle you wants. Then wrap it with Gorilla tape and then attach under the seat pad with velco or tape