Custom made RWD CF

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Need for Speed? This guy seems to know a thing or two about building a fast bike.
That is a 182mm Hope rotor, and the bike has an internal 1L hydration with a bitedown tube accessible via rear wheel removal.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.06.25.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.10.12.png
Additionally, no tools are needed for the idler cover. You simply finger tighten the custom CF bolts.
Idlers.png Idler cover.png

IIRC he doesn't live too far from me.

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That looks like Nocom.
I am sure he copied quite a bit of it. I love the way the bottom and rear look. The cockpit looks cluttered and I'd think the bars would not only feel better facing the other way, but would probably be more aero. But I'd love to see it in person and give it a ride. He seems pretty handy around the work shop.

billyk

Guru
Beautiful workmanship on a highly personal bike.
I wonder about how close the front wheel is to the chain ... looks like they could easily conflict.
Also those're some pretty narrow trails for 2-way traffic including peds. But definitely a special vision. Thanks for showing it.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That overlap is definitely worrisome. No figure 8s or quick 90 degree turns for sure hahaha. I'd be a bit worried on the paths he rides on since they are narrow, especially when the edges haven't been cut. That bike would shine on the Arakawa and Edogawa where it is 3-4 times wider and much straighter. I read somewhere the he will build a custom bike for customers but I can imagine the price is shocking.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Definitely not for commuting, unless your journey to work is a straight line. The bar-ends look wrong, but that is the perspective of Cruzbike, pulling on the bars. This machine is RWD, so he probably pushes and does not pull. His cadence seems really slow. The road is flat. What happens if he tries to go uphill? The road is smooth. What is it like over bumps?

In the video, when he took the panel off, I could see he was using fancy big jockey wheels from Garbaruk or whoever. I had those on the Silvio and never noticed the difference. Ordinary Tacx ones would do just as well.

Is his shed absolutely enormous, or is it a wide-angle lens?

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
It looks like a pretty big shed to me. I don't know what kind of groupset and crank size he is running, but it doesn't look like he is pushing the bike anywhere near what its appearance would suggest. It certainly deserves upper tier parts. Yeah, I think just about any new jockey wheel is gonna do as well as bigger ones with ceramic bearings, but they sure look nice. Being CF, it wouldn't surprise me if it was pretty harsh over bumps. It was built a while back when 23mm tires were all the rage, but if it could handle 28mm or at the least 25mm then it would help in the comfort department.
I'd love to see what it can do with a fit rider.