Cycle-Con 2023 September 15th thru 17th discussion

Guess I am going to this thanks to today's email from CruzBike. Anyone else going to this event and help support Larry? There are 2 group rides where we can advertise in our own way why CruzBikes are the best. The dates and schedule links are below. If anyone would like to meet up and maybe trade some unused/left over parts that would be great. I have a slightly used CruzBike race case that can't be used on the bumpy roads where I live. I also have various bags and parts leftover from upgrading. If we get enough response maybe we can all go on a CruzBike ride ourselves.​

SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2023
GREENE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
XENIA, OHIO​

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Thanks Andrew - great idea . Would love to meet up with anyone that can make it. They are also going to have a "learn to ride" seminar on Sat at 1pm. I am not sure I will be able to abandon the booth and go to it, so it woud be great to at least have another Cruzbiker there to help out duing that time. THe more the better though. As most know are biggest hit is the the naysayers that say Cruzbike is hard to ride. If we have severa Trie members there proving it isn't and providing assistance in learning that would be wonderful.

I can help with the learn to ride seminar at 1300 hours on Saturday. @Larry, will you have a T-50 or Q-45 there for prospective buyers to ride or should i also bring my T-50? I plan on riding my V-20 i bought from you 3 years ago. I would not suppose we will try to teach newbies to ride a vendetta or s-40 correct?

@matthew, i will be in the area at around 0900 hours if you wanted to go for a ride. I could use the constructive feedback on my posture, set up, and habits. Been riding solo for last 3 years and dont know if i have everything set up in the most beneficial way.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I can help with the learn to ride seminar at 1300 hours on Saturday. @Larry, will you have a T-50 or Q-45 there for prospective buyers to ride or should i also bring my T-50? I plan on riding my V-20 i bought from you 3 years ago. I would not suppose we will try to teach newbies to ride a vendetta or s-40 correct?
Thanks Andrew - yes, I will have a T50 there for teaching.
I'll also be happy to help you with any fit questions on your V20. I have a nice system setup in my Museum using my webcam and laptop with the bike on a trainer that lets you see and video yourself on the bike as your are riding. I should have all that with me.

macg4d1g

Guess I am going to this thanks to today's email from CruzBike. Anyone else going to this event and help support Larry? There are 2 group rides where we can advertise in our own way why CruzBikes are the best. The dates and schedule links are below. If anyone would like to meet up and maybe trade some unused/left over parts that would be great. I have a slightly used CruzBike race case that can't be used on the bumpy roads where I live. I also have various bags and parts leftover from upgrading. If we get enough response maybe we can all go on a CruzBike ride ourselves.​

SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2023​

GREENE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS​

XENIA, OHIO​

I plan on going but have not ridden a Cruzbike. Yet!

Larry looped me in that he was going to be there and I look forward meeting him and seeing the Cruzbike models.

Chris George
Columbus, IN

CruzRider

I too plan to be there. I have two recently acquired Cruzbikes a S40 and a V20. Due to schedule issues I have not ridden either one on the road, but I am an expert at riding them on the trainer :). I ride one four days of the week. But I may sneak a roll in on that T50 if it is available.

Also, I have a Thor seat headrest if anyone coming to CycleCon is looking for one.

M.J

I went to RCC in Chicago back in maybe 2013, when I was just getting interested in recumbents and years before I got my first one.
My clearest memory is trying out a Cruzbike. I wobbled around the test "track" and then immediately back to the booth, where I hopped off, never so glad to have gotten off a bike .
It's an experience that convinced me, after getting a V20 in 2020 and putting 8,000 miles on it, that maybe test rides aren't the best way to sell a recumbent, let alone a MBB. I remember Jim Parker saying much the same thing. Basically: "these are the bikes, this is what folks are doing on them", if you want to ride one then you will, but you probably won't be able to just hop on and ride away.

True in some regards and my opinion may be based on too much personal experience but our odds of finding customers at cycle-con I think are increased a bit due to the specialty bent companies that will be there. This is does not look like your traditional bike expo where you may only see one brand that offers bent bikes. I remember my first ride on a cruz bike like it was yesterday and i was able to ride it on my first try. By the end of my first day i was out on the road riding. My learning curve was significantly reduced due to already having a sun-seeker recumbent bicycle. It seems this event is catered to bent bikes more so than any other bike expo and will enable more cyclists to test the product. And what is RCC?

M.J

RCC=Recumbent Cycle Con. That's what the show was called until a couple years ago when they expanded focus to e-bikes and other non-traditional forms of cycling and transportation.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For the one I went to in Cleveland, we had enough Cruzbike people and bikes to teach people using the 8-step protocol at the back half of the parking lot, which was quite effective. IIRC correctly, several of the demo bikes went home with new customers.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Thanks Andrew -...As most know our biggest hit is the the naysayers that say Cruzbike is hard to ride. If we have severa Tribe members there proving it isn't and providing assistance in learning that would be wonderful.
If needed, feel free to use the video of me flying through the narrow gates at +40kph as proof that the Cruzbike platform is insanely stable. Only numbskullz should do anything remotely similar, but it definitely is proof. If you need a shortened video of it I can trim an older video or even make a new video by then and provide a link here for easy access.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
These are the BEST numbskullz hahaha

1:30 in this video. I coasted through the gates and 2 seconds later when my cycling computer comes on the screen I am doing 38.9kph and just starting to pedal. You can see how narrow they are here. This set of gates is scary because I have only done about 6km to get to them so I am still not really warmed up. Also, I am just coming off a ramp that has pretty big cracks right at the bottom, and gravel due to many cars making U-turns to get onto it.
1.png
The next pic shows the yellow paint on the top left and my cycling computer screen...2.png

Rfon

SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2023​

GREENE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS​

XENIA, OHIO​

Just completed my first 200 miles on the V20c. Loving it!!

Rob Lloyd

I might be able to make it down. It'd be my first RCC. If I can go, I'll bring my homebuilt MBB (and prolly my lowracer) with me.