Cycling is the most reliable transport after Typhoon Mangkhut.

Giloun

Hong Kong experienced one of her most severe typhoon attack in decades. The aftermath is suspension of the MTR (subway) and all bus services. Cycling is the most reliable transport in this situation and recumbent cycling is commute in style. Here is the video showing my trip after the typhoon:

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Hong Kong experienced one of her most severe typhoon attack in decades. The aftermath is suspension of the MTR (subway) and all bus services. Cycling is the most reliable transport in this situation and recumbent cycling is commute in style. Here is the video showing my trip after the typhoon:
Looks like the typhoon divastated the trees and partly blocked the roads! Sorry for the situation.

On the positive side, it seems you have the roads, mostly, all to yourself! What a treat!

P.S.
.. love the one leg pedaling at 30:20 !

Last edited:
I have almost finished building my S40 in Shenzhen. I will bring it to Hong Kong sometime :) I got most of my parts in Yuen Long. Looking forward to my first ride soon!

I rode to Yuen Long today! I got my SRAM shifter replaced after it failed last night during basic practice. As a beginner it was quite exciting on poor roads only having 42x10 with lots of traffic but I made it :) coming back was interesting as I wasn’t allowed to ride to Lok Ma Chau so I had to go all the way to Sheung Shui and get the train back. So I’m getting to know the area very well now ;) I’m looking forward to getting lots more practice and then hopefully meeting up with you guys some time. Thanks for the link. I’m still working ou the best way to get a Cruzbike across the border. It certainly wasn’t easy ;)