Cycling is transport, isn't it?

Sylvain

I transmitted my questions (and the one in the Sofrider forum) directly to Cruzbike on Wednesday, and I got no answer yet...

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I'll come back to you Sylvain on email answering your additional questions. Please recall that I have already paid your questions a lot of attention on this forum. The reason we cant do everything in our products that you might wish for is that we are already doing everything that we can. This is not a large corporation, we have our limits. Perhaps you need to go mainstream where you have the comforts that flow from millions of fellow customers. Alternatively if you want something new different and edgy, you are going to have to accept us as we are, or find another vendor of front wheel drive moving bottom bracket bikes. :)

Sylvain

Why can't you simply tell us which rack will fit on you bikes? Which over-the-seat bag will fit? I want to beleive you when you write:

Cycling is transport

While mountain bikes and road bikes are designed for sport, the cruzbike is a recumbent bike designed to meet our 21st Century needs for healthy lifestyles and sensible transport.

But I need info before paying one thousand US dollars.

And why did nobody tell me if the «29-mile smile guarantee» applies to me?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Sylvain,
If you read this thread you will find a topeak rack that fits and another style that connects to both the swing arm and then through a flexible connection to the seat post. They do both fit.

The refund is not practicable for sales to Canada.

According to my drawings, the wheelbase of the Sofrider and Freerider is 1107mm.

If you want to know in advance a bag that fits your rack, choose one of the topeak bags designed for that rack. Topeak bags and racks have an excellent reputation.

I've actually put too much storage on my bike :oops:

So now I have two under seat bags (one per side), an old man mountain rack with two bike bins, and space between the bins for more things... I feel a little too over prepared for most situations and am thinking of leaving things off now.

I still haven't found the best way to carry my guitar around. I have a soft bag and basically I bungie it across the top of the bike bins and that is fine but it doesn't feel like the ultimate way to carry it yet.

If I had to do it again, I would go the hardware store and simply modify a cheap rack from canadian tire but... this old man mountain one should last forever.

sean