Dark beer

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Its kind of slow here so how about this. My brother got some JB Winterfest dark beer at Trader Joes today and I think its pretty good. How about some other ones? Jack

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Any beer you can't see thru is my kinda beer. :lol:

I like most Stouts & Porters. I'm really excited that our local brewery has introduced a Chocolate Stout. Unfortunately it is probably more in the style of a "California Stout" but since it is the only brewery in Alabama, I'm willing to give 'em a break.

I have favorite breweries...like Left Hand in Colorado or North Coast (Fort Bragg, CA) and both produce excellent Stouts and Imperial Stouts. Can't buy the heavy hitters here...we're limited to 6% max.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is a great one as well.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I love this time of year and the seasonals available. Santa's Private Reserve by Rogue is really good. Widmer makes one called Brrrr. It's really good, too. I like Delerium Noel real well, too.

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Brewmaster wrote: Full Sail's Wassail is mighty tasty....but I'm biased.... and it's already sold out....
Brewmaster

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eyes open for it next year.

So, by your screen name, avatar, your bias and all, is it a fair assumption you brew for Full Sail?

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
If you can see through it, then it's free...right?
Dark beer now, well, I'll buy the first round!
-Steve

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike: ....

Free cycling jersey to the best completion.

....You're probably not going to like it. It's doubtful you have the patience or attention span necessary to appreciate a bicycle of this quality, let alone learn to ride it. We suggest you stick to bikes that get warm fuzzies on the interweb forums where all the cool people hang out. Besides, you probably really would rather pedal one of those bikes designed by hacking and welding together a couple road bikes salvaged from a dumpster. Perhaps you're the sportier type and like to have an eye-level view of hubcaps. Yes, that's much better! We wouldn't want you to think that 47 pounds of chain and some hacked up skate wheels hanging off your bicycle are anything other than a good thing. We're pretty sure you're not worthy of riding bikes that are really engineered, so we urge you to stick to your comfort level and riding ability. After all, we'll wait for you at the finish line!

Mark

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggressive bike: ....
-Discover your real limits.

-With all-day comfort.

-That hands you the advantage.

-in a class of it's own.

John, I can do this all day....
:D
-Steve

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike: ....
…if you’re not pack leader, get back on your ‘comfort bike’ and slowly move away.

…should you encounter one on the street, be prepared to eat dust.

…close proximity may cause increased heart-rate, pupil dilation and overproduction of saliva.

…it shows no quarter, takes no prisoners. Owners should expect envy and jealousy; competitors will suffer severe ego reduction.

…egomaniacal laughter comes with the ride.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
C'mon, guys! More arrogance!

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggressive bike. You probably will not like this bike. It’s not the cookie-cutter example of what you expect a recumbent to be. You’d much rather have a bicycle with a mushy, cushy, seat and a mesh back so your precious back won’t get all stinky. You’re looking for a bike you can jump on and join right into the line of other ho-hum recumbents wobbling aimlessly on the bike path. This isn’t that bike. This is a heavy-hitter and you’d have to spend time taming a steed of this calibre. You don’t want that. You probably think that recumbents are for fat old guys that only ride the bike path, so an aggressive bike like this would be way over your head. You need to stick to more vanilla bikes with several lengths of chain, numerous idlers and two different sized wheels. The truth of the matter is; you would probably be better off with three wheels than you would with a rocket ship like this.

Mark

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Arrogance needn't be verbose. I can do verbose, no problem. Concise statement is much more difficult (though bumper stickers are ubiquitous, really good ones are rare).

Cruzbike Silvio: this is an agressive bike! Warning: may produce ego-inflationary symptoms up to and including visions of galactic domination.

===Marc

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
OK, a kinder, gentler approach:

Cruzbike Sivio: This is an aggressive bike.
It’s not just your average; you’ve not seen the like.
It’s beauty is more than the curve and the line
There’s so much to this bike; it could blow your mind

Put power to pedal and soon you will see.
It’s nimble and quick; it’s as fast as can be
It carves through the corners and speeds up the hill.
It eats up the miles; you won’t get your fill.

Your friends will be jealous; though you’ll not hear a word
I doubt they can to stay close enough to be heard.
As the ravenous beauty speeds away and afar,
They’ll still be out pedaling as you wait at the car.

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
trapdoor2 wrote: Arrogance needn't be verbose. I can do verbose, no problem. Concise statement is much more difficult (though bumper stickers are ubiquitous, really good ones are rare).

Cruzbike Silvio: this is an agressive bike! Warning: may produce ego-inflationary symptoms up to and including visions of galactic domination.

===Marc

Oh. OK.

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike. Geezers need not apply.

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike. Back away while you can.

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike. You WILL be assimilated!

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike for aggresive people. Get aggresive, for once.

Mark

rearengine

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike. Geezers need not apply.

Dagnabit Mark B!! I was about to put my order in.. :lol: :lol:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
rearengine wrote: Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggresive bike. Geezers need not apply.

Dagnabit Mark B!! I was about to put my order in.. :lol: :lol:

Then you are not a geezer!

Mark

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
what is a geezer according to you guys?

:idea: Cruzbike Silvio: Rule 1, no poofters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruces_sketch

Don't know if this humour (note correct spelling) penetrated North America? :p

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: C'mon, guys! More arrogance!

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggressive bike. You probably will not like this bike. It’s not the cookie-cutter example of what you expect a recumbent to be. You’d much rather have a bicycle with a mushy, cushy, seat and a mesh back so your precious back won’t get all stinky. You’re looking for a bike you can jump on and join right into the line of other ho-hum recumbents wobbling aimlessly on the bike path. This isn’t that bike. This is a heavy-hitter and you’d have to spend time taming a steed of this calibre. You don’t want that. You probably think that recumbents are for fat old guys that only ride the bike path, so an aggressive bike like this would be way over your head. You need to stick to more vanilla bikes with several lengths of chain, numerous idlers and two different sized wheels. The truth of the matter is; you would probably be better off with three wheels than you would with a rocket ship like this.

Mark
... with three wheels.