Dark beer

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: what is a geezer according to you guys?

:idea: Cruzbike Silvio: Rule 1, no poofters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruces_sketch

Don't know if this humour (note correct spelling) penetrated North America? :p

I'm hip to pooftah/poofter humor because of Aussies on other forums I frequent. In fact, I now use "poofter" as a regular part of my vocabulary because here in this area, nobody knows what it means.

A geezer is a state of mind. If you think you are old and slow and wear black socks with shorts, you're of the geez.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I like like the seating position on the Silvio that I have been working all week making the Giant into a mini Silvio. Stay tuned.Jack

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Cruzbike Silvio:
The new standard.

Cruzbike Silvio:
All the bike you'll ever need.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Leader of the pack.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Efficient.
Fast.
Fast.
Fast.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Get Noticed!

The Cruzbike Silvio is
As fast as you are.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Born to rule.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Bred for speed.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Attitude, with credentials.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Efficient predator.

Cruzbike Silvio:
The new standard.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Raises the bar to, a whole 'nother level.
(MAD TV rip-off)

Cruzbike Silvio:
The bar has been raised.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Unequaled and unchallenged.

Cruzbike Silvio:
Meet the challenge.

Phew:
I could go on...
and probably will!

(Enough already).

:lol:

-Steve

Brewmaster

NO EXPECTS A CRUZBIKE SILVIO!...Its chief weapon is speed and comfort...its two chief weapons are speed, comfort, and a fanatical devotion by it riders....its three chief weapons are....I'll come in again. NO ONE EXPECTS A CRUZBIKE SILVIO! ;)

Hey Mark, yes I am the Brewmaster at Full Sail....we just celebrated 21 years!
Jamie

PS....Hey John, I kind of like "NO ONE EXPECTS A CRUZBIKE SILVIO!" It would make a good slogan....

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: ..
I'm hip to pooftah/poofter humor because of Aussies on other forums I frequent. In fact, I now use "poofter" as a regular part of my vocabulary because here in this area, nobody knows what it means...
Mark

I think its funny in the context of the 70s, in Australia at least with Paul Hogan and Auntie Jack. Today, well, its a bit cheap and silly as we have happily emptied that closet.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote:
Mark B wrote: ..
I'm hip to pooftah/poofter humor because of Aussies on other forums I frequent. In fact, I now use "poofter" as a regular part of my vocabulary because here in this area, nobody knows what it means...
Mark

I think its funny in the context of the 70s, in Australia at least with Paul Hogan and Auntie Jack. Today, well, its a bit cheap and silly as we have happily emptied that closet.

Cheap and silly is what I'm about!

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggressive bike. Throw your leg over one and see. When you settle into the seat, your pulse quickens. The comfort and ergonomics are second to none and all you want to do is ride. You'll swear the bike is speaking to you, begging to be ridden and ridden fast. Go ahead and go, it won't bite you. Be prepared, though, you'll never be the same!

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Brewmaster wrote: Full Sail's Wassail is mighty tasty....but I'm biased.... and it's already sold out....
Brewmaster

I grabbed the last six pack in my local Bevmo tonight. Can't wait to taste.

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: I award the prize to Mark B.

Waaaaaaa-Hooooooooo!!!!!!

Because..... I AM an arrogant bastard! :lol:

So, which was the winning entry?

Thanks, John!

Mark

Stuff the silvio , how bout those dark beers.

I am a HUGE dark beer fan.

There are many deluxe aussie dark ales, porters and stouts that I enjoy.

Any of you guys tried any dark oz beers that you've liked ?

My fav list Oz: Coopers Dark Ale 9.5/10, Swan Stout 10/10
Coopers Best Extra Stout 8.5/10, Carlton Black (Dark Ale)9/10
James Squire Porter 9/10, Tooheys Old (Dark Ale )8.5/10

Int: Youngs Dble Choc Stout 9.5/10, Theakstons Old Peculiar 10/10

Cruzn Trav 1 An Aggressive Drunk on 1 Very Aggressive Bike

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Now you have me wondering... I'm going to have to try and find some of those locally. The only Aussie beer I've seen is Fosters. "Australian for beer, mate". :roll:

Mark

I was born in and have lived in Australia all my life and I have never met an Aussie that actually likes Fosters, yet its the only Oz beer mentioned by people from other countries for some reason. May be just good marketing of a shit product.
We have a really wheat beer as, its soooo nice. Redback Beer. Look out for that also.
Made in Perth Western Aust.

CT1

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Cruzn Trav 1 wrote: I was born in and have lived in Australia all my life and I have never met an Aussie that actually likes Fosters, yet its the only Oz beer mentioned by people from other countries for some reason. May be just good marketing of a shit product.
We have a really wheat beer as, its soooo nice. Redback Beer. Look out for that also.
Made in Perth Western Aust.

CT1

The feller on the TV says Fosters is Australian for beer. It must be true.... He has an Australian accent and everything!

I'm impressed the Fosters people put it in a can. Most importers seem to think Americans prefer their beer in green or clear bottles. :roll: :roll: Of course, most Americans seem to prefer Budweiser products, so why wouldn't skunky beer be a step up? :lol: :lol:

Mark

I have never even seen anyone with a fosters in their hand.

Black Sheep Ale is a 9.5/10 that I forgot to mention in my previous post

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: C'mon, guys! More arrogance!

Cruzbike Silvio: This is an aggressive bike. You probably will not like this bike. It’s not the cookie-cutter example of what you expect a recumbent to be. You’d much rather have a bicycle with a mushy, cushy, seat and a mesh back so your precious back won’t get all stinky. You’re looking for a bike you can jump on and join right into the line of other ho-hum recumbents wobbling aimlessly on the bike path. This isn’t that bike. This is a heavy-hitter and you’d have to spend time taming a steed of this calibre. You don’t want that. You probably think that recumbents are for fat old guys that only ride the bike path, so an aggressive bike like this would be way over your head. You need to stick to more vanilla bikes with several lengths of chain, numerous idlers and two different sized wheels. The truth of the matter is; you would probably be better off with three wheels than you would with a rocket ship like this.

Mark

I'm calling this the winning entry because I think its the best of those that addressed the challenge as defined.

There were many other entertaining suggestions and commendations to those that redefined the challenge to a single phrase by-line.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Fosters = Budweiser

They're quite similar, though Budweiser is an adjunct beer (not sure about Fosters). I have occasionally enjoyed a Fosters, though I must admit it is probably more about the name than the taste. Like most lagers, it is best enjoyed ice-cold...and quickly. ;)

Best thing about Fosters: the 'oil can'. I remember walking into a frat party at the University of Alabama toting a six-pack of those huge oil-cans...I don't remember much else about that evening. :oops:

I had an Old Towne Hefe the other day. Man, I love it when a local brewer gets it right!

Congrats Mark! Can we get autographs?