Day 3 on the Speedone (aka CruzinSpeed)

chrisblessing

A mere 16 km again on my 3rd day out on my conversion. Today I went clipless. I felt some serious apprehension at first as I couldn't causally lift my feet off the pedal, but in time I found that I was becoming more aware of the interaction between my legs/feet and my hands on the bar. I was able to attempt some quick, tight turns without panic, and certainly found better climbing.

I didn't attempt "hands free", but I also discovered that riding with one hand was nearly effortless.

All in all I'm beginning to come to terms with, and more comfortable with, the idiosyncrasies of this bike. It's a true joy to ride.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Nicely done, sir.
One

Nicely done, sir. :)

One comment I should have made before: I wouldn't try riding with one or no hand before clipping in (or foot retention). And the utility of riding with no hands itself is quite small, so there's no need to either rush it or try it in anything but very safe and controlled situations.

These are fun bikes, aren't they. :D

chrisblessing

Hands-free

I concur Charles. Hands-free is certainly not an objective, nor a priority for me. There may be something to learn about the bike by attempting it, but I suspect there are other ways to get there.