Did you see this coming?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I knew it was coming but I'm surprised at the speed at which it's happening. Recognition as a UCI sport is a major milestone. The recumbent community might want to become interested. How about an inexpensive recumbent frame for virtual trainers Cruzbike? LINKY: UCI forms E-Sport.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If we can successfully win a UCI e-sport race on a recumbent and get officially banned for unfair power output on a not standard frame then maybe we can put to rest the idea that you can't make as much power on a bent compared to a DF bike :confused:. You may not like my goals but at least I have some.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I think you are missing the boat on this one. None of the new watt bikes, wahoo bike, TACX biikes etc will meet the uci road standard . So if the recumbenteers were smart enough not to take their typical crudgemonden approach they might make some inroads in this brand new market.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Lots of drafting on Zwift. On another note, did you know: There have been a couple people who race the Zwift KISS super league who have won Rainbow Stripes this week. Chloe Dygert-Owen and Samuele Battistella. Shows the quality of cyclist Zwift brings out.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
At least on Zwift the DF people cannot whinge about drafting. It is purely a power contest.
Zwift drafting may depend on which Zwift bike you choose but your actual bum/back pain is not translated to the Zwift drafting calculation. It is purely independent from a comfort contest.

Last edited:

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Yes drafting, Zwift calculates your speed using your height and weight (and which in-game bike and wheels you select). When you get behind another rider (closer more draft) the trainer resistance is decreased. The larger the group the bigger the draft. This is why the Team Time Trials are so popular. Likewise when you have a gradient change the trainer resistance changes giving you hill the climbing experience. Sometimes its brutal but you can also coast downhill. Try the replica of Alp de Huez route or the Yorkshire Harrogate course where the current Worlds are going on. You'll find its really realistic. Wind? No, but they can easily add it if they would like and probably will at some point. This is a popular request by a lot of Zwifters. They introduced steering in a beta form at this years Eurobike. They have added a new route about every 6 months for the last couple of years. There are currently over 100 miles of roads in Zwift and the plan is to have 1000's. The whole thing is quite amazing and fun to watch as it expands. You can free ride, do trainer road type workouts, enter organized races, or group rides. Races and group rides are going on almost every hour 24/7. The community is a lot larger than many realize.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
So they simulate hills and they simulate Yorkshire which has some very steep bits. I think some people can get 60mph round there, but there are some terrifying corners. Does the Zwift universe predict loss of tyre adhesion and brain you with a dry-stone wall?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Yes, some can hit 60 mph on the Zwift version, and yes they also simulate rain at times. There is no crashing but the uphills are quite challenging. If one must have to crash there are other apps like CVR which offer this. If you ride a trainer like the NEO it simulates cobblestones, and other different surfaces you encounter along the Zwift routes. This Thurs the Time Trial stays in Great Britain as it moves to the London Olympic course. If you are looking for something new come join us, we are looking for more recumbents.