differences between Vendetta and Silvio

reoguy

I recently became very interested in the MBB FWD arena, and I have a conversion kit enroute to me, now need to find a suitable donor bike, to see how this all works out....

Looking over the Silvio and the Vendetta, I know the obvious differences, but my question revolves around the suspension, or rather lack of it on the V. I like the idea of the suspension front and rear on the Silvio, and am curious as to why the Vendetta does not have suspension? Totally a weight saving measure? I currently ride (among other recumbents) a Bacchetta Corsa SS, and just took it for a ride on the Kancamaugus Highway in New Hampshire. A very windy/gusty day, but loved flying down on the return trip, with the wind mostly behind me. I had the seat reclined to just about the same as the Vendetta setup, so I appreciate the aerodynamics of the Vendetta.

If I was to purchase either a Vendetta or a Silvio (don't tell my wife yet!), I'm torn between having suspension BUT with a more upright seat position, and a more reclined, aero position with no suspension....

So, is there a Silvio version 2 in the works, with a more reclined seating position? or a Vendetta version 2, with suspension?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
a kind of purity

reoguy,
I took suspension out of the Vendetta concept prior to designing it, because I wanted to strip back to only the essential elements and search for a kind of purity in how to maximise performance.