Does anyone else have a design Wishlist for the next model of Q series?

TylerWayne

This is a good concept for a double stand - which is an item that I tried to work on for the stock bike for a few years to no avail. As you mentioned - the frame is too high and all attempts to create a workable stand were either insane expensive, heavy, way too long, could not collapse properly without interference, or were not very realistic or functional or aesthetically pleasing.

Also finding companies to even entertain the idea of helping with this sort of thing - yet alone make the small MOQ's of things like this that we would want (asking companies that are used to 10,000 - 15,000 MOQ's to make 100-200 of something is the fast track to being laughed out of the booth) - is financially prohibitive and nobody is going to buy a $250+ kickstand.

But as an added attachment for the underseat type of rack as a combo setup ... that would seem to get much closer to a realistic alternative.
I won’t copyright or trademark the idea, but if you come up with something that ends up working out, I wouldn’t mind being the guinea pig to test out prototypes lol
In all seriousness though, I think it would just be a matter of getting the kickstand bolt to work with the normal 4 attachment points that are currently being used by the Under Seat Rack, and building out the under seat truss to focus most of the stress and strain through the giant kickstand bolt that’s already on the frame. Those attachments are the blue highlights on my crude sketch. I think the bulk of the loading can be handled by the kickstand bolt(s), and side to side or twisting forces might be handleable by the regular rack attachments points.

TylerWayne

I also occurred to me that there is a third pair of threaded attachments at the back, although that would make the under seat rack more of a monstrous side skirt rack than a smaller rack for just two panniers