Does strava have a profile for cruzbike vendetta?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I say that as I am quite amazed after reviewing my latest ride. I have been trying a few things and in no way was i going max but somehow it knew approximately what my wattage was for the vendetta. I am shocked.
Screenshot_20200902-180537_Strava.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Strava's est wattage is based on an average road bike I think. Way higher than what you would do on a Vendetta.
For instance here is my ride 90 mile ride last weekend recorded on my Strava app on my phone: https://www.strava.com/activities/3981873193 = est wattage =224 watts
Here is the same ride recorded from my Garmin using my power meter pedals: https://www.strava.com/activities/3981863948 - actual power 140 watts, weighted 151 watts
That is over 50% error and this was just on my stock V20 - not even trying to be aero.

DavidCH

My latest reading was faster but the wattage lower ... pretty sure the headwind was a bit stronger too and this was just done on my wahoo bolt without a power meter. The 2nd was on a road bike ... almost the same speed with 90 watts more.

Just find it surprising as I wasnt drafting off any vehicle.

DavidCH

I guess the thing I would like to know if strava works out power by sample aggregation of bike name categorization. I guess then they can work out averages from other peoples power meters. I do think the technology is very clever. It also helps I guess to have a popular bike that everyone loves like a Trek Madone or a Cruzbike Vendetta.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I guess the thing I would like to know if strava works out power by sample aggregation of bike name categorization. I guess then they can work out averages from other peoples power meters. I do think the technology is very clever. It also helps I guess to have a popular bike that everyone loves like a Trek Madone or a Cruzbike Vendetta.
My guess would be that they are not using the bike classification. But I guess you can test that pretty easily by changing the bike type and seeing if the wattage numbers change

DavidCH

My guess would be that they are not using the bike classification. But I guess you can test that pretty easily by changing the bike type and seeing if the wattage numbers change
I will change it to a v18... guess no one ever made a V18