Early Christmas from Thor (seat & tailbox maker)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I almost forgot I ordered this from Greg at Thor.
He told me it could be months before I got it.
Ordered one of his seat with the shoulder support, a headrest, and a tail box.
Wow - I think I might could disassemble the V20 and put it into this tail box!

Polish Peanuts:
3- Thor peanuts.jpg

Tailbox, Seat, headrest:
5-Thor Tailbox seat, drest.jpg
Seat and Tailbox
6-Thor seat and tailbox.jpg

This will be fun to see if I can install on the Vendetta!

ed72

Zen MBB Master
A quick and down and dirty way to measure the tailbox aero effect is to coast down a long steep hill where you have lots of data. If you normally average 35-36 mph and now are hitting 37 mph, you know it is a winner. I love the shoulder wings on the seat

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@LarryOz,
I thought the Thor seats with the shoulder support was for more upright bikes like 40 to 60 degrees. Did you get a seat with shoulder support made custom for the V20?

Sweet! I had a large package arrive from Poland yesterday as well! Like you, I ordered a new seat months ago from Greg @ Thor. Looks like it took a month from shipment date to arrival.

@LarryOz @RojoRacing now that I have this Thor GS Easy seat, what’s the best way to attach it to an S40? I believe it will require removal of the upper wings from the frame. Anything else I should be aware of? Either of you have good pics for doing this?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
There was a long thread you may need to search for, I think maybe @Rick Youngblood may have been the one who started it as the original adopted of the Thor seat. The idea of mounting would be the same but do to the same of the frame there will be slight differences from the V20 setup.

LarryOz

I thought the Thor seats with the shoulder support was for more upright bikes like 40 to 60 degrees. Did you get a seat with shoulder support made custom for the V20?
No, it is not custom. I thought I would see how well this fit first before I ask Greg to make me a custom one.
I am having a custom one made for Magic though - hoping to have it back in a week or so. Been hard not having the Magic to ride around on now going on 7 weeks. I was riding in in the TT and I am killing myself to beat my speeds on it from earlier. :eek:

Greg S

Sweet! I had a large package arrive from Poland yesterday as well! Like you, I ordered a new seat months ago from Greg @ Thor. Looks like it took a month from shipment date to arrival.

@LarryOz @RojoRacing now that I have this Thor GS Easy seat, what’s the best way to attach it to an S40? I believe it will require removal of the upper wings from the frame. Anything else I should be aware of? Either of you have good pics for doing this?
I believe this is the thread @RojoRacing was referring to.

I also have a new Thor seat in house but have not yet done the install on my S40. It appears after measuring that the upper mounting tabs need to be mostly removed and the lower tabs need to be shortened to just inside the existing mounting holes.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
So, I am hoping @LarryOz will like the shoulder seat enough to have a custom one made, and then sell me his old one....others may form the line behind me.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I will have to say if Greg can make the Thor GS' top side a little wider but not as wide as the wings, it will be perfect.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master

Rather than removing the upper mounting tabs from the frame, drill a couple of holes into the seat rib to accommodate the upper/rear tabs. Bolt the front to the existing frame tabs and Velcro the upper portion of the seat to the frame. Rock solid

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rather than removing the upper mounting tabs from the frame, drill a couple of holes into the seat rib to accommodate the upper/rear tabs. Bolt the front to the existing frame tabs and Velcro the upper portion of the seat to the frame. Rock solid

nah, it’s better to just cut off the upper wings because if you didn’t the whole middle section of the seat pan would be floating above the frame and you would overload those little frame ears.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Hmmm. My Thor seat rests directly on the full length of the V20 frame. Quite solid. Actually cut the upper tabs off on my S40 and that works just as well

LarryOz

Well, it ain't pretty - but it's ready for a test ride.
Of course while mounting the seat and trying to get and headrest that was acceptable, I remembered why I have never really found a 3rd party seat that I liked more than the Vendetta stock seat: All other seats I have ever seen or tried are all more concave than the Cruzbike (which is much flatter). This concave"ness" tends to stick ones shoulders and head up in the air. I mounted this new Thor seat as low a I possibly could on the V20 frame and my head is still about 3 inches higher than it was on the old seat. I will be surprised if I am even close to being as aero. But testing will of course follow when I get some decent time.
I just noticed I did not install my lumbar support. That will probably change everything, especially the headrest - which is the most time consuming to get dialed in, especially since it is so close to the top of the seat and tailbox. Argh!! Well, I will test ride this first and see how it feels.
20200920_175712.jpg 20200920_175730.jpg