Emeljay Mod - buy

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Is that a Q45 in your avatar? You have a T that wants to be just like the big sister?

Great idea by the way.

DavidJL

I just electrified my T50, so not ready to part just yet. I highly recommend the Emeljay Mod. Surprised at the staying power of the name I gave this mod... One reason I did the mod was to make the bike fit better into a Prius car. Another reason was to make a more solid front end. The mod I did is a very tight design with minimal clearance between legs and thumb shifters. I did have to get the inside tube machined to fit and find a stem for 1.25 inch steerer.

Rishi@Cruzbike

I just electrified my T50, so not ready to part just yet. I highly recommend the Emeljay Mod. Surprised at the staying power of the name I gave this mod... One reason I did the mod was to make the bike fit better into a Prius car. Another reason was to make a more solid front end. The mod I did is a very tight design with minimal clearance between legs and thumb shifters. I did have to get the inside tube machined to fit and find a stem for 1.25 inch steerer.

You should have patented the Mod:cool: I'm quite surprised with your reason, but thinking about it, it's the most practical reason to do it.

I know a good machinists, but am hoping to get a detailed diagram/specs, also a shopping list for all the parts. It's not easy to go thru all the forums to make the list.

I'm surprised Cruzbike has not kept the fixed-boom design same for their entire lineup.

DavidJL

But Emeljay did it before I did, and there was a guy on Cruzbike homepage who also modded a Quest. I made use of scooter clamps (the blue colored clamps you see). Doing the mod made dealing with the headset much easier. Knowing a good machinist is a good start. Boom tube is a 24 inch long, 1.25 inch OD, 1/8 inch thick wall tube. I also had to cut the fork shorter and install a finger nut (like upright bikes use) in the steerer. If I could do it all over again, I would just get an S40 and build it up with 650B wheels.

rx7mark

Guru
Do you have the T50 already, and want the hardware to do the conversion? Or do you want to buy a T50 that is already modded?

Mark

kidneyboy

Do you have the T50 already, and want the hardware to do the conversion? Or do you want to buy a T50 that is already modded?

Mark
I'll be buying a T50 over the winter. If an emeljay kit was available for the T50 I'd buy it. My days of tinkering and searching for bike parts are behind me now.