Florida Cruzbike Owners

Nick Hrycaj

Haven’t been on the site very often but I’m in Rotonda West; between Venice and Port Charlotte 33947. V20, Sram Red eTap, 88’s all around. Open to look, see and help with test rides. The V20 is a life changer, I call it The Equalizer, it lets this old body hang with and sometimes hang the young guys. Strava = Nick Hrycaj
Keep Moving!

Haven’t been on the site very often but I’m in Rotonda West; between Venice and Port Charlotte 33947. V20, Sram Red eTap, 88’s all around. Open to look, see and help with test rides. The V20 is a life changer, I call it The Equalizer, it lets this old body hang with and sometimes hang the young guys. Strava = Nick Hrycaj
Keep Moving!
“Cruzspeed” wheels? Please tell us more.

Tuloose

Guru
Next weekend doing cross Florida starting in Coco Beach
I did that ride twice when I lived in FL - both times on DF bikes.
Managing pain was my main concern on these long distance rides before I went bent.
The 1st year I did it on my Klein MTB with 1" tires. Ooh that was rough!
The 2nd time I had a road bike which was somewhat better but lots of pain in my shoulder blade area and of course my butt hurt.
This was back in the late 80's so well before Cruzbike.
The ride would have gone so much better on a Vendetta.
Has any Cruzer here done the XFL ride?
It would be interesting to hear how it went.

gaspi101

Hello there! Anyone with a Vendetta in South Florida? would love to see one up close…may be making a transition to recumbents…thank you!

Sonnybea

I am so sorry for not seeing this I am so glad that we connected looking forward to riding together and you getting some miles on that new v20
You have my number
When the build is complete I will come down to ride
Looking forward to a lot of rides with you

gaspi101

I am so sorry for not seeing this I am so glad that we connected looking forward to riding together and you getting some miles on that new v20
You have my number
When the build is complete I will come down to ride
Looking forward to a lot of rides with you
Haha, who’s this, JC?

AmySpeck

New CB owner here, just saw this thread. S40 owner living in North Florida, south of Jax, north of St. Augustine.
Hello! I live in Atlantic Beach and am thinking of switching from a Trek Domani and a Trek Emonda to a CruzBike S40 due to an injury. I ride on A1A to St. Augustine a lot, but have not noticed any Cruz bikes while I've been out. Basically, I'm wondering if there is an advantage to buying from the dealer in Odessa, FL vs ordering one online. I'm worried that the set up might be a bit too much for me. Is there a local shop where you take your bike to be serviced?

vmi1056

Hello! I live in Atlantic Beach and am thinking of switching from a Trek Domani and a Trek Emonda to a CruzBike S40 due to an injury. I ride on A1A to St. Augustine a lot, but have not noticed any Cruz bikes while I've been out. Basically, I'm wondering if there is an advantage to buying from the dealer in Odessa, FL vs ordering one online. I'm worried that the set up might be a bit too much for me. Is there a local shop where you take your bike to be serviced?
Hello there, funny you should ask because I am looking for a new bike shop due to my previous mechanic moving out of town. Because Cruzbikes use standard bicycle parts, just configured differently, any bike mechanic should be able to work on them.

I’m by no means a bicycle mechanic but I was able to follow the YouTube build videos on the CB YouTube channel and built both my Q45 & S40 without much trouble. I took it to my bike shop, which was Open Road in Oakleaf at the time, just to ensure it was good to go.

I ordered directly from Cruzbike. Their customer service is great. I did ride one before I ordered to ensure I would like it so that would be the one advantage to visiting a shop. The Cruzbike tribe is great support and if you would like to try a test ride, you are more than welcome to try mine, like someone did for me. Just let me know and we can schedule it, place of your choosing. Jim and Maria Parker both are familiar with me so they will verify I’m not a lunatic! Also they have the 100 mile trial so if you get one and hate it, you can send it back which is nice.

I know Trek Lakeshore sells recumbents and I am also looking at ZenCog in Jax as an option as well to work on mine when needed. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions, thank you.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
You can also visit the Cruzbike Museum (who is a Cruzbike dealer) - in Hilton Head. Jax is only a 3 hour ride away!
With every purchase I provide expert assembly and fitting at no cost. The best way is in person - but I also can do it remotely.
www.cruzbikemuseum.com

Hi y'all...I live in Gainesville FL and have a Silvetta (vendetta front end with a Silvio 2.1 backend) and am about to get a V20C as a Xmas present to myself! Would love to ride with other CBers...Sue
Hope to see you here:

YOGA_O

I just saw this post in the "New Posts" drop down.

I live in Mount Dora, FL and I have a new to me S40. I'm still learning (and still struggling) - did my 5 mile ride last week. It wasn't all smiles, but I'm getting there.

I also have two recumbent trikes and started with a folding recumbent bike back in 2005.

I just saw this post in the "New Posts" drop down.

I live in Mount Dora, FL and I have a new to me S40. I'm still learning (and still struggling) - did my 5 mile ride last week. It wasn't all smiles, but I'm getting there.

I also have two recumbent trikes and started with a folding recumbent bike back in 2005.
I am a new member living in Tavares FL. near 448 and 561. Just starting to get use to my S40. Are you still in Mt Dora?